Load DataWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Model GSG-1911 .22 long rifle HV

Boolit Master

Model GSG-1911 .22 long rifle HV

Model GSG-1911 .22 long rifle HV

Has any one here had one of these, just interested in knowing the Good, Bad or Ugly. So far my experience with it has been good.

Boolit Master
    Had one that ran well, but with a suppressor patterned like a shotgun. Since I only wanted it as a suppressor host I sold it. Been thinking about trying another.

No issues what so ever. You can purchase replacement recoil springs to shoot standard velocity ammunition if required. I've had mine since 2012.

Boolit Grand Master
    My brother traded in his stinker of a SIG mosquito and has been quite happy with the GSG he bought. It won't replace your High Standard for accuracy but has served him well as a plinker.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I got one when I purchased a SIG 1911, it came as part of a set. It works well a single drop of oil on the very first cartridge from the first magazine helped the initial reliability. There are a surprising number of aftermarket parts for these. Mines not a bullseye gun either just a plinker.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I remember Colt used to sell a version that was supposed to be compatible with many 1911 parts. Pretty sure it was a Walther/Umarex, I wonder if it is the same as the GSG? If Sig came out with a .22 version of the P320 series that was an actual P320 and not a zinc lookalike I bet they would sell like mad.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    I think that the GSG and the SIG are the same but I think the Colt/Walther's are different from the GSG/SIG.

Boolit Buddy

My Sig 19911/22 is pretty good, but I added a lot of aftermarket parts from CW.. Best was a set of metal sights that are more visible and do not move like factory plastic ones. But still a plinker GW