Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooked brass?

Boolit Mold
    So I recreated the situation tonight with one piece each of 45-70, 44m, 45acp and 6.5cm. Exactly the same situation but with only 4 pieces of brass instead of around 120 so you could argue they would have heated up more this time (?), anyway, the hottest was the 45-70 by half a degree and that was 297.7 degrees. Looking at the info a couple of you guys have posted I reckon I'm safe. None of them are loaded full house and all in modern reproduction rifles (apart from the 45acp of course) and the 6.5cm is a bolt gun with triple locking lugs. I'm thinking the discoloration could have been enhanced by having just been sonic cleaned so the brass was as 'bare' as could be. Anyhow, thanks for all your input!

Boolit Grand Master

Keep your eye out for an old food de-hydrator ... the round ones with stacking plastic trays .
    They dry things well and wont "over cook" the brass , you can leave it on a couple days .
    I'm sure you'll catch some flack for drying those dangerous lead contaminated cases in the oven you cook human food in ... but not from me ... I have cast boolits on top the stove with an old pot my Mom gave me to melt the wheel weights in . None of us ever suffered from it !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12