Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Problem ! What Brass for .32 Rimfire Rolling Block - Conversion to CF ?

Boolit Master
    j4570 - Photos and Blah Blah....Medallion Hole is 0.560" in diameter.

The Ruger Sight I got (Ruger Front Sight For Ruger Single Six 22 Long Rifle,
    Single Six Bisley 32 H&R Magnum XR13600 E-Bay) was very very LIGHT and
    non-magnetic. I tried to scratch the underside for Gluing - it would not scratch !
    So it was NOT Aluminum. I suspect it is a Carbon Fiber Composite......

The underside Curve a was so close to my Arminius that I decided (being lazy)
    to Superglue it on after I mounted it with a Screw that I found in a bottle of saved
    screws on my shelf - I SAVE everything ! I'm a Pack Rat & Hoarder ! Pays off !

The curved under surface very closely matched the pistol's barrel, so I decided
    to screw in down tight (only one hole in the sight) and SUPER GLUE the sight on.
    Ya - I know - can't let the barrel get very hot or it will let go. Might use that Red
    Thread Lock Permatex glue on it if it ever does let go......

Click on the images, when they come up, press F11 (Full Screen) ! F11 to go back...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New-Sight-Side-View.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	300948

Name:	New-Sight-Top-View.jpg 
Size:	239.9 KB 
ID:	300949

I blackened the screw with a Black Sharpie Marker.

Name:	New-Sight-Business-End-View.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	300950

Took the photos with a Digital Camera with +4 close-up lens, a strong LED Flashlight,
    holding the pistol between my knees (unloaded).
    Edited with free "Paint.net" (https://www.getpaint.net/download.html) -
    Equivalent to a Free PhotoShop Program ! Get it - learn it - you'll thank me !

DoctorBill

PS - I am shooting 93 grain LEE Cast WW Bullets with 2.3 grains Bullseye.
    At 30 ft putting them into a 12" circle - this gun is deadly !
    Last edited by DoctorBill; 06-03-2022 at 09:47 PM.
    I would just like to ask -
    WHOM does our Current Government represent, anyway ? !

It sure as Heck doesn't represent ME ! How about you ?
    Seems to be just a Big Mafia run by the current set of criminals in office.
    Have we EVER been this close to losing our Country ? !

Boolit Master
    The Depression for the Arminius Medallion

Name:	View-99.jpg 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	300955
    is 0.560 inch or 14.2mm. There ain't any around anymore.

I have looked at those Numrich Medallions. Most are way too big and "Out of Stock" !

Looked at Foreign COINS - and the only coins near that diameter are Gold Coins !

So - I can turn a Metal Rod on my Lathe, then turn the rod on the backside of the Disk
    to the hole diameter behind the disk. Then Epoxy Steel it in place.

I am not very Artsie-Craftsie, so engraving 'something' on the disk seems futile.

I HAVE - a long time ago - covered steel with Wax, carved out some graphics and
    etched the underlying steel with Aqua Regia (Hydrochloric Acid [HCl] mixed with Nitric Acid).
    YOU can make such with a Muriatic Acid (HCl) and Potassium Nitrate mixture.
    Acid plus Nitrate Oxidizer. It dissolves ANY metal....even Gold and Platinum. Hence "Regia".

So....I could make the disk (Aluminum) and wax it and try carving the Arminius Head
    in the wax - then etching it with Muriatic Acid (any hardware store has it). Repeat it,
    ad nausium, if I screw it up.....lol

Not sure this is THAT important to me......Just a plain metal disk in there should do.

Am I crazy ? Old Old retired guys need SOMETHING to do - or go bonkers.....

I COULD do this ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alfred-e-neuman.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	300956

DoctorBill
    Last edited by DoctorBill; 06-04-2022 at 01:06 AM.
    I would just like to ask -
    WHOM does our Current Government represent, anyway ? !

It sure as Heck doesn't represent ME ! How about you ?
    Seems to be just a Big Mafia run by the current set of criminals in office.
    Have we EVER been this close to losing our Country ? !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBill View Post
    The Depression for the Arminius Medallion

is 0.560 inch or 14.2mm. There ain't any around anymore.

I have looked at those Numrich Medallions. Most are way too big and "Out of Stock" !

Looked at Foreign COINS - and the only coins near that diameter are Gold Coins !

So - I can turn a Metal Rod on my Lathe, then turn the rod on the backside of the Disk
    to the hole diameter behind the disk. Then Epoxy Steel it in place.

I am not very Artsie-Craftsie, so engraving 'something' on the disk seems futile.

I HAVE - a long time ago - covered steel with Wax, carved out some graphics and
    etched the underlying steel with Aqua Regia (Hydrochloric Acid [HCl] mixed with Nitric Acid).
    YOU can make such with a Muriatic Acid (HCl) and Potassium Nitrate mixture.
    Acid plus Nitrate Oxidizer. It dissolves ANY metal....even Gold and Platinum. Hence "Regia".

So....I could make the disk (Aluminum) and wax it and try carving the Arminius Head
    in the wax - then etching it with Muriatic Acid (any hardware store has it). Repeat it,
    ad nausium, if I screw it up.....lol

Not sure this is THAT important to me......Just a plain metal disk in there should do.

Am I crazy ? Old Old retired guys need SOMETHING to do - or go bonkers.....

I COULD do this !

DoctorBill
    You could scale that photo, reverse it in photoshop or The Gimp, print it on a laser printer, iron the toner onto your steel, brass, or aluminum blank, touch it up with wax or nail polish or several other things, and then etch it, too. https://rick.sparber.org/TonerTransfer.pdf online friend of mine, and several collaborators have worked on this for a number of projects. https://rick.sparber.org/TonerTransfer.pdf Something that would work for a simpler medallion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaaNeMckMR0 There are lots of ways to to do it.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    If you start with a Model 101, the centerfire 44 Shot version of the Marksman, you can swap the entire front end of a Marksman onto it and have your centerfire rifle. Just pull the hinge screw and swap. The extractor and all come along with it. No machine work needed. I've done it to get a centerfire .25 Stevens.

If you have a .22 Marksman handy, swap your .32 barrel into it. Bore some .32 Colt centerfire cases ON CENTER to accept a 6mm acorn blank as the primer. (Lots easier than doing it offset.) Load with about 1.2 - 1.5 grains Bullseye. Again, no modification of the original firing pin location, and you don't have to orient the cartridge when you put it in.

Just remembered, I've got a ratty old .22 #4 roller that I could do this with if I make a new barrel for it.
    WOW, there's some info , you don't run across everyday! I just missed out on a marksman in 44 shot the other day.... the one I don't have!
    Cheers
    Brian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123