MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my old ford and finding parts

Boolit Master
    I'll probably tear the pump down and go to local bearing and seal shop and see if they might have a double lip seal to fit and maybe a speedy sleeve for the shaft if its worn. or maybe just order what it needs to make it right. there's all kinds of options popping up on my screen even when I look to check the weather. the pump is pumping, the bush hog was lifting and holding all day till I shut it down. tomorrow it gets an oil change and fluid top up.

If your going to tear it down to put seals in I’d strongly suggest going ahead and rebuilding the pump. Hopefully just a standard rebuild with new seals and what not solves your problem and it’s not the bores for the plungers/pistons aren’t scored up. They are a pretty neat pump design piston pumps are. Where as a vane pump functions on straight rotary motion a piston pump uses a wobble head that the pistons attaches to and turns rotary motion in to reciprocating motion.
    J.m Shrader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12