RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: M-die or Mr.Bulletfeeder style powder-thru case neck exp. plug?

Boolit Master

M-die or Mr.Bulletfeeder style powder-thru case neck exp. plug?

Howdy y'all, its been a while since I've popped in the boolits machine!

So I recently got my 3D printed Mr.Bulletfeeder clone working and running into a hurdle. Most of my toolheads are setup with Lee dies and Autodrum measures which means im using the Lee powder-through neck exp. dies. Well this kinda sucks for automation because the Lee powder-through plugs just flare the case mouth and not actually size the neck nor make a nice register for boolits to sit in. So when the press indexes they roll around sometimes falling out or tipping over and jamming the press. Super annoying! I can slow down or steady them by hand but that defeats the point. I've tried adjusting from barely anything all the way to blunderbuss and no setting is very good. Im faster manually setting them then. My two Dillon measures have the Mr.Bulletfeeder/DAA powder funnels that are made for this exact reason, that M-die style expander is the ticket. I don't want to be swapping tooling around and resetting measures and I really like the Autodrum measures but the Lee powder-through dies kinda suck, really could be better outside of the automation issue anyway.

My question is; does anyone know if someone makes an M-die style funnel for the Lee dies? I recall NOE used to but all they have now is solid plugs for the universe expander die. Not quite the solution for this. If someone has such a product, I'd love to have a couple!

I need a lathe! I could solve this so easy then!

Thanks, Chris
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    Howdy y'all, its been a while since I've popped in the boolits machine!

So I recently got my 3D printed Mr.Bulletfeeder clone working and running into a hurdle. Most of my toolheads are setup with Lee dies and Autodrum measures which means im using the Lee powder-through neck exp. dies. Well this kinda sucks for automation because the Lee powder-through plugs just flare the case mouth and not actually size the neck nor make a nice register for boolits to sit in. So when the press indexes they roll around sometimes falling out or tipping over and jamming the press. Super annoying! I can slow down or steady them by hand but that defeats the point. I've tried adjusting from barely anything all the way to blunderbuss and no setting is very good. Im faster manually setting them then. My two Dillon measures have the Mr.Bulletfeeder/DAA powder funnels that are made for this exact reason, that M-die style expander is the ticket. I don't want to be swapping tooling around and resetting measures and I really like the Autodrum measures but the Lee powder-through dies kinda suck, really could be better outside of the automation issue anyway.

My question is; does anyone know if someone makes an M-die style funnel for the Lee dies? I recall NOE used to but all they have now is solid plugs for the universe expander die. Not quite the solution for this. If someone has such a product, I'd love to have a couple!

I need a lathe! I could solve this so easy then!

Thanks, Chris
    Check with Lathesmith. He's built several powder funnel expander dies for me (9mm, 38, 44, 458 SOCOM) and I bet he could make what you need.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    You will not regret getting a small lathe.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I recall a member on here that did little custom jobs like this, couldn't remember who! Thanks for the heads-up, ill give him a shout.

Couldn't agree more about getting a lathe! Wanted one forever, needed one many a time. I Had a 8x40 Grizzly on backorder for a while and had to put it off temporarily. Looking forward to making good on it before too long, this tooling sitting here needs to make chips! A vertical mill is in the cards too.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed