Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Which new 9MM Mold?

Boolit Master

Which new 9MM Mold?

I would like to start casting a 9MM Boolit in the 135-147g. range. This will be used in USPSA in a CZ 75B Omega. The pistol has a large bore at .3562 with 1:10 twist. I can shake and bake powder coat but that is an extra step but can do if needed. The CZ's are known for short leade barrels.
    So what mold would you buy? I have NOE, Mi-Hec and Accurate molds and find all brands acceptable in quality. I would like at least 4 cavities.
    Lead is COWW. USPSA requires a power factor of 125 so a 135g. boolit needs a velocity of 925 fps and a 147g, of 850 fps minimum.
    With the short leade the longer heavier boolits take up a lot of case capacity.
    Your recommendations?

Boolit Buddy
    I load and shoot a CZ Shadow 2. My suggestion is that you send your barrel off to get the leade lengthened. I am shooting 147 grain round nose bullets (commercial) at 1.130". When my stockpile dies down I will be shooting the 125 Lee (because I like the Lee molds a lot). I wouldn't want to load for USPSA at the 1.080" or whatever that fit in the stock CZ, way too dangerous in terms of pressure if there's a minor setback.

Short version: ream the barrel and then pick your bullet. And if you find a nice 147 RN mold, I want one, too. For now I like the Lee though, good profile for feeding and it was cheap.

Mihec made a 9mm round nose mold a while back. I got the 6 cavity, they drop at about 358 and 153 or so grains, I got the ones made for coatings, so no lube grove, which makes them a tad heavier

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have a CZ75B Omega, hard bird to find. The short leade was a problem. The NOE ELCO mold solved it. And it drops a 150 grain hollow point and a 155-157 grain flat point.

Boolit Master

I forgot tp mention that my leade is lengthen by Dougguy. But that seems to present other problems. The bore is .3562 and the leade must be .3560. When I use a .357 or larger bullet the leade scrapes off lead or coating that accumulates and I have a round that will not chamber every so often.

Boolit Master

That seems odd. My CZ 75B that Dougguy worked on will feed the Lee 125 RF @.3575 with no problems.
    God Bless, Whisler

I use an older version of this NOE mold and it works well in all my 9mm handguns.
    https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...1-5-cavity-pb/
    It drops right at .357 for me using either range scrap or clip on wheelweights. I size to ,357 and lube with a lubrisizer.
    Since the nose is stepped, it helps with barrels that have a short throat.
    I find it to be an excellent and very accurate boolit in both my knock around pistols and my match guns(think tight chambers).
    NOE even has a number of them in stock currently.

Boolit Master

Mp 275 copy.mine weigh 133 grs.8 cavity,and they shoot extremely well!!best working mold ive ever ised,open,rattle,and they fall out,never have to tap the bolt.

Boolit Master

90457,,,, This is a Lee 356-125 round nose 6 cavity. They come out of my mold at about .358 and function fine and seem accurate. Titan shows them in stock while I am writing this.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm Ranch Dog Jug 9 recover 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	290645

9mm NOE/Ranch Dog 135 grain tumble lube. Falls straight out of the mold at .357" using WW+2%. 3.7 grains of Bullseye gets it to 1030fps out of Winchester brass. Rolling them in 45/45/10. Thus far tested in several Glocks (new Marksman and old poly bores) and a Ruger PCC that all slugged .356" and one Springfield that slugged .355"

The Accurate 35-135D is basically the same thing and probably quicker to get right now.

The nose starts to taper right out of the case, so that should help with your CZ.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Moderator Emeritus

NOE 135 gr conventional lube from a few years back. I run a CZ 75 almost 25 years old. If you are starting to see a pattern here with the 135 there is a reason for that.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze