RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Quiche

Boolit Master

Quiche

I make a good Spanish Quiche I found on the internet but now would like to try some other quiche. I was not raised with mom making quiche or my wives but I do like it. Would you post some good quiche recipe's?

Spinach Quiche

By Jennifer Segal

Made with heavy cream and Gruyère, this rich spinach quiche is classic French.

Servings: 4-6
    Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
    INGREDIENTS

1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie crust
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
    4 large eggs
    1-1/4 cups heavy cream
    Pinch ground nutmeg
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 cup (4 oz) finely shredded Gruyère, packed
    1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung free of water
    INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat the oven to 400°F and set a rack in the middle position. Remove the pie crust from freezer and thaw until just soft enough to easily prick with a fork, about 10 minutes. Prick the bottom and sides all over with a fork (pricking about an inch apart). Bake until fully cooked and lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes. (Keep an eye on it...if it puffs up while cooking, gently prick it with a fork so it will deflate.) Don't worry if the crust cracks while baking; see my note below on how to fix it before proceeding. Set aside and turn oven down to 325°F.
    Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the shallots until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Do not brown. Set aside to cool.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper.
    Place the cooked pie crust on a baking sheet (this makes it easy to move in and out of oven). Spread the shallots over the bottom of the cooked crust, then sprinkle the shredded Gruyere over top. Scatter the spinach evenly over cheese, breaking up the clumps as best you can. Pour the egg and cream mixture over top.
    Bake at 325°F degrees for 50 to 55 minutes until the custard is set and top is lightly golden. Serve hot or warm.
    Note: I usually defrost the frozen spinach quickly by placing it in a fine mesh strainer and running hot water over it. I then gather the spinach into a ball and squeeze it dry. It takes a few minutes of squeezing and re-squeezing to get all the water out. Be patient...you need the spinach completely dry, otherwise your quiche will be watery.
    Note: Don't panic if your crust cracks -- you can easily fix it. Make a smooth paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of flour with 1 tablespoon of water. Use your fingers to patch up and fill any cracks, then place the crust back in the oven for a minute or so to set. It should be good as new.
    Make ahead: This quiche can be made up to a day ahead of time and refrigerated. To reheat: Cover the quiche with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until hot in the center.
    Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The cooked quiche can be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove the quiche from the freezer about 24 hours prior to eating and reheat it, covered with foil, in a 300°Foven until hot in the center.
    NUTRITION INFORMATION

Powered by Edamam

Per serving (6 servings)
    Calories:504
    Fat:39 g
    Saturated fat:21 g
    Carbohydrates:25 g
    Sugar:3 g
    Fiber:2 g
    Protein:14 g
    Sodium:472 mg
    Cholesterol:218 mg
    Nutritional Data Disclaimer

Banned

Real men don’t eat Quiche! I think that’s a movie.

Boolit Master

It was a book , I remember my brother buying it for a laugh .

Boolit Grand Master

The beauty of a quiche is that you can put about anything into it. Your basic recipe is about standard but I like cheese, usually cheddar and mushrooms. I've put scallions, ham, venison and a few other things into one with good results.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

jonp,

Your quiche sounds like the forager’s quiche my wife makes with wild mushrooms,ramps,farmers cheese and deer burger & wallawa onions.
    J.m Shrader

Boolit Master

Our daughter made a quiche the other day with ham and veggies.
    It is the best I have ever eaten.

As already stated anything can go into quiche. Some ideas that I've used in the past are cooked potatoes, bacon (cooked and broken up), browned onions.

Would an Italian taste styled quiche work? Why not?

For other ideas I'd get on a search engine and start typing in search terms.
    Last edited by BJK; 10-18-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I've never eaten Quiche ... looks like what we call an omlet .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Bisquick egg pie... 4 eggs, beat them with a cup of milk, add Bisquick until a thick pancake batter consistency is reached. Can add cheese, bacon, sausage, veggies of choice. Bake at 350 until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean(don't let cheese goo fake you out). I usually top with more cheese before baking so it gets a crispy brown cheese crust.

To lessen sticking use some of the bacon or sausage fat to grease your baking dish. I used to make this when I had overnight company, easy way to feed a crowd breakfast. I make a 2 egg version just for myself. Bacon, onion, white cheddar.

Boolit Master
    If it has spinach in it, I will pass the plate. I don't even like the smell of cooked spinach.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    You can make a quiche with almost anything. It usually has egg in it to help hold it together. If you want to get creative, think about making a cross between an omelette and a deep dish pizza and let your imagination take of, or as I do, use whatever is at hand. Pre made pie crusts make it easier. Don’t cook it as hot as a pizza. It needs to slow cook so everything deep inside gets cooked. They are excellent cold too.

Boolit Master
    fill frozen pie crust with butter fried onions, chopped up cauliflower and broccoli mix together with some sharp cheddar cheese , pour in about 6 beaten eggs with some salt and pepper, add a bunch of chopped garlic if you like garlic, top with provolone slices or Italian shredded cheese blend and bake till eggs are all cooked and cauliflower is soft.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    If it has spinach in it, I will pass the plate. I don't even like the smell of cooked spinach.
    You Sir are a cretin. Spinich with butter, salt and vinegar is the best stuff
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I love spinach , bell peppers and onions not much I do not like in food .

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    A little vinegar with spinach can add a lot of flavor. It’s surprising how many people have never heard of it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Bisquick egg pie... 4 eggs, beat them with a cup of milk, add Bisquick until a thick pancake batter consistency is reached. Can add cheese, bacon, sausage, veggies of choice. Bake at 350 until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean(don't let cheese goo fake you out). I usually top with more cheese before baking so it gets a crispy brown cheese crust.

To lessen sticking use some of the bacon or sausage fat to grease your baking dish. I used to make this when I had overnight company, easy way to feed a crowd breakfast. I make a 2 egg version just for myself. Bacon, onion, white cheddar.
    No Spam ?
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Use whatever meat you want! I have used hot italian sausage, chopped tomato, garlic, green pepper,onion, black olive...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    A little vinegar with spinach can add a lot of flavor. It’s surprising how many people have never heard of it.
    That is my favorite , and a little mayo on it same with tomatoes

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    That is my favorite , and a little mayo on it same with tomatoes
    You gents have me salivating. But it's gettin' on to that time of the day.