WidenersLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Saint Augustine: What to do???

Boolit Buddy

Saint Augustine: What to do???

Morning Gents: On another adventure, found myself in Saint Augustine for a few months (travel nursing), I found one old place called Acme Reloading and its got all kinds of powder and a few other things....Any advice or tips on the things that we are into?????? I also brought the Whaler and fishing the mullet run as well.............

Regards .......

Banner Sponsor

You could always take a tour of the St. Augustin distillery. They have a triple casked bourbon that is unbelievable. I should have gotten out the credit card and bought a couple of cases to take home. They only sell it in the gift shop.
    The fountain of youth is supposed to be there somewhere...

Boolit Master

Salt Water Range is on US1 North up by the Airport

Boolit Master

Try the San Sebastian Winery and their Port in Saint Augustine at 157 King Street; We have friends who always bring me a couple bottles of the port when they come to visit. It is my favorite Port - and I have drank Port all over the world. The bottle is nice for decoration also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	port.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	290385
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Did you self-tour the fort? Don’t know if you are allowed to enter w/o student ID but the Flagler College campus is worth a look. It started out as a luxury hotel built by Flagler as a destination for his railroad. If you’re into history St. Augustine is worth a visit. Pick up a copy of “Oldest City” at the fort and use it to plan some self-directed tours.

Boolit Buddy
    The lighthouse in St Augustine is worth the couple hours it takes to tour the grounds. It is said to be the oldest lighthouse in the country, although during the course of it being there it was moved inland a distance. You can also tour the lighthouse keepers residence.
    Sometimes I think we make things harder than they have to be

Boolit Grand Master
    First and foremost, are you set up for portable reloading during your time there? If not, why not? If Acme still has supplies at reasonable prices, you should accumulate a good stock while you are there. I’d be amazed if Wile E. Coyote hasn’t bought up everything for Road Runner hunting though! You know what you like to shoot so only you can advise yourself as to what you should buy there.

As for non-shooting activities in St Augustine, you already mentioned the fishing, others have mentioned the historical sites, and as time allowed between work and shooting activities, I’d be taking advantage of all of those that struck my fancy, as well as SCUBA diving for me, but this might not be your thing.

Enjoy your stay!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"