WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mower Slayer.....

I guess that I’m pretty fortunate! Our yard is 2 1/2 + acres, and she’s still driving our 2004 Dixon Ram 44”. We did replace the Briggs 18 HP to a Briggs 21. I replaced all of the spindle bearings about 2 weeks ago, still on the original 2 sets of blades. Other than a few idler pulleys and numerous belts.....it’s still going strong!

Firearm related.....she’s pretty knowledgeable, a pretty good hunter (though a bad knee is really slowing her down) and darn good with a rifle. 2 moose, 2 Black Bear, a Bighorn Sheep, numerous deer, antelope (2 of which are real nice) and elk!

While she’s an almost unbearable “taskmaster”....I think that she’s a keeper! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

I am lucky. Mrs. Thumbcocker will not touch a push mower but when she mounts the zero turn she becomes one with the machine. It is a joy to watch. And she checks the oil before each use.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Don't complain. My bride of 37 years has NEVER mowed the yard, cut a branch, or touched a weedeater. But she does make mowing an obstacle course by having pa-in-law plant shrubs in the way . Many get cut "accidentally" which will cost me a dinner out - minimum.
    Like Gramps said "What a life when ya got a wife" !

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Don't complain. My bride of 37 years has NEVER mowed the yard, cut a branch, or touched a weedeater. But she does make mowing an obstacle course by having pa-in-law plant shrubs in the way . Many get cut "accidentally" which will cost me a dinner out - minimum.
    My obstacle course is weeds in the lawn. I am working hard to convince her if you pull a weed out of the garden toss the now dying weed back into the garden. As opposed to living a pile of plants and dirt for me to pick up and toss in the garden when I'm mowing. By the third pile I'm not thrilled with it. Also the lawn dies from being buried in the pulled weeds if they sit on the lawn too long.

I also have a plant it next to the fence or berm or walk decorator here. I'm still scratching my head over why the concept of if the mower won't fit then it has to be trimmed hasn't taken hold.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Well gentleman I am enjoying your stories knowing I'm not the only one, haha. She tries so very hard to help out on the farm and is mostly a great help, I just need to keep her away from anything greater than 5hp. No one likes running the weedeater, i think you would have to have a loose screw to enjoy that, however begrudgingly she will grab it when i am on the rider. My neighbors certainly think i am a real jerk riding while she is pushing or weedeating. In reality I am just trying to save myself some headache.

My wife has suggested she mow, but I won't even show her where the key is. The thing is built like a tank, and can stave up stuff. Obstacle courses made of plants... She would plant things and I would tell her to keep it weeded or I'll weed them with the mower. She hasn't planted anything in years. She won't follow through on the weeding, but for me to follow through on my promise is extremely easy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post

Easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. I like to dine out too.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Gentlemen....we are in dangerous waters.....be very careful!
    My wife doesn't get on this site, I'm safe.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Banned

I feel for you brother. My wife is my construction crew and she is very good at it. The only complaint I have is method. I am the type DIYer that I take a few moments and work the entire process out in my head before gejob.tting started so I have a plan to work from. She always wants to just jump in and do the job and adjust as needed. But as you do, I love her more than anything on earth so I just remind her every time we start a new

Boolit Master
    might suggest she get involved with that 4h small engine club
    I got my woman, because she's on the small side, a "barbie sized" yanmar 1500d. its almost indestructible. She hasn't painted it pink ---yet

Boolit Master
    I needed to sharpen the blade one time. After I sharpened it, I reinstalled it and slowly spun the engine. There was a noticeable difference in blade height. Aw man, she bent the blade. I checked it and the blade was straight. Hmmm.. Put on a dial indicator and sure enough. Bent crankshaft on a Honda engine.
    Surprisingly a new crank for a Honda 50CC engine was only $26.00.
    But still... Bent a crankshaft?
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Banned
    Reading all this and I am wondering, I don't have a wife, do I need to get one?

Boolit Grand Master
    Some of you are saints. A person that destroys equipment has no business operating it. We all know people like that.

But, they may screw up on purpose so they get pulled off the job. Ever think of that?
    Don Verna

Don, That was what I did when I was working. I operated on the "If I do a good job they'll ask me to do it again.", principle. It allowed me to pretty much direct the flow of work that I got. That wasn't always possible though.

Boolit Master

Count me in,.....I have had to by new blades for my riding mower more than once.

A red brick, of the many she places around her flower beds, could not be digested by the riding mower.

Bent both blades....behind the mower the circles and donuts cut into the ground looked like a helicopter crash!!!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

I've killed my share of mowers, I could repair the damage I inflicted but I'd rather get another curbside special.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    My wife doesn't get on this site, I'm safe.

Slim
    Mine does not as well....however, she does know my password......
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

The little machine shop I started at many years ago always made us fix our own screw ups. We learned new skills of course, but more importantly, we learned to be careful and limit our screw ups. There was much wisdom in that policy.
    Last edited by imashooter2; 10-17-2021 at 07:29 AM.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    I have a zero turn mower and the wife won't even consider operating it. No steering wheel, not touching it. I had a knee replaced in August and the lawn stayed "un-mowed" until I could get back on the ZT and do it myself. She did insist on emptying the grass bags when they got full though.

My wife was complaining about the weeds in the lawn and flower beds. I told her if she didn't like she could come outside and help. She flat out told me that the outside was my problem. That was last time a vacuumed the house.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast