Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mower Slayer.....

Boolit Grand Master
    Do not try to understand women....life is too short.

None of the women I have dated, met, or worked with were mechanically inclined. Their brains work differently. They are not good at mechanical stuff. And most will not listen to direction from boyfriends/husbands....which is a good thing when it comes to shooting...based on the "commandos" I see introducing their females to the sport.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    women not mechanically inclined? I beg to differ. some women and some men are not mechanically inclined.
    yesterday neighbor took me to look at a truck. in our travels came across a couple tending to their farm. on a dirt track off the road was an old cat d4 with what looked like driving by was a woman making sandwiches on one of the tracks. I said to neighbor, can we turn around, id love to have one of those old d4's maybe those people would want to get rid of it. it turned out that the man was mowing the hay in the field while his wife was replacing a bearing and gasket in the old d4.

Boolit Grand Master

My wife pitches in and tries to do all kinds of things like fix trim on the house, put down flooring etc. I thank her and tell her how great it looks and then when she goes to work rip it all up and do it again the right way. She is trying so I'll just let it go. Rather that than a wife that sits on her keister eating chocolates and waits for me to do everything.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Our culture does not teach women mechanical things. Mrs. Thumbcocker is fascinated by how engines work and loves to watch car revival videos. She helps me with maintenance and repairs and picks up quick. The men in her family never did such things so she was never taught useful skills.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I have two daughters, one 35 the other will be 40 next year. My oldest daughter does all the sheetrock repair around the house and some of the indoor mechanical work. The other has changed her own brakes, replaced a radiator along with other car maintenance. She also does most of the repairs in her house that do not require special training.

Women are only as helpless as they want to be.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    The wife limits herself to the pushmower thank god for that, She's pretty rough on machines.

Moderator Emeritus

I was rebuilding the 428CJ engine in the stock car when I was 14... solo... I learned mechanics very young, started at age 5 working on the stock car. Rebuilt dad's lawnmower at 10 years old... Same for electrical/electronics, started learning it very young...

My mowers tend to last until the cylinder wear gets so bad they turn into a mosquito fogger and use a quart of oil to mow my acre of lawn... current mower is 10 years old, uses zero oil... had to replace the deck bearing turrets and weld a crack where the metal is getting thin from normal use. On its second set of blades, original belts...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123