MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: WTB: Moulds

Boolit Buddy

WTB: Moulds

Here is a wish list of moulds I'm watching for. I can offer cash but also have a few moulds and other reloading items to trade as well. Usually I prefer at least a 2-cav but if you have a 1-cav I may consider it depending on what you have.
    1. Lyman or NOE 452651 or 454651, or other 300+gr suitable for .460 S&W/.454 Casull About 10 years ago there was a group buy for a NOE 454651.
    2. Lyman/Ideal 311316 mould, 115gr RNFP, gas checked or other good mould for a .327 Federal Mag
    3. Lyman/Ideal 410026 (or 41026) mould - 200gr button-nose wadcutter
    4. Lyman/Ideal 410610 mould - 215gr SWC, gas checked
    5. Lyman/Ideal 452428 mould - 230gr full wadcutter
    6. Lyman/Ideal 454309 mould - 235gr button-nose wadcutter
    7. Lyman/Ideal 429348 or 429352 mould - 180gr/245gr full wadcutter
    8. Lyman/Ideal 429303 mould - 200gr pointed tip
    9. Lyman/Ideal 358093 (or 35893) mould - 125gr pointed tip
    10. Magma 38-158-RNFP BB mould (preferably set up for RCBS handles)

May have a #4 and a number #8 I perhaps could be convinced to part with if the price is right.

Not much in the way of trades I need, I've got too much STUFF already.

#8 IIRC is a 3 and a half cavity mold.

Started life as a 4 cavity and someone converted 1 cavity to hollow point. Did a nice job too.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    May have a #4 and a number #8 I perhaps could be convinced to part with if the price is right.

Not much in the way of trades I need, I've got too much STUFF already.

#8 IIRC is a 3 and a half cavity mold.

Started life as a 4 cavity and someone converted 1 cavity to hollow point. Did a nice job too.
    PM sent.

Boolit Bub
    Howdy Pard

That’s quite a wish list. Very well thought and ambitious. Wish ya all success in checking those items off, one by one.

Just a thot. IMHO there is a 44 mould missing from your list which is my go-to, all-time favorite: Lyman 429244. It’s basically the semi-wadcutter Keith design but adapted to use gas checks. Throws drop-dead gorgeous bullets.

Tried the Lyman 452490, the 45-caliber equivalent, but find that, when crimped in crimp groove, the cartridges are too long to feed thru my CAS lever actions.

The 45 moulds you’re seeking are excellent.

Good hunting and Adios

Fort Reno Kid

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you! I do already have quite a collection of other moulds--including several in each of these calibers--but am trying to fill a few "holes" in the list of what I'm looking for to serve specific purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead72 View Post
    PM sent.
    Got the dreaded inbox full message......

So:
    I have:
    Lyman 41032 single cavity, not sure I have cast with this one, it was a dead guy purchase. Box has what appears to be 240 grain written on it. But I DO need new glasses.

Lyman 410459 double cavity, I think this was in the 210 grain range, cast some for a 450/400 N.E. several years ago, worked OK. Ended up buying a Noe with a gas check I liked better.

Not sure if you are interested in either of these, I know they aren't what you are looking for. If you are, make me an offer.

4 cavity 429303, it's in nice shape, one cavity has been converted to hollow point. Don't think it was a factory job but it was done well.

I'm ambivalent about selling this one, I don't own a 44 but I have a buddy who does who really likes this bullet, it does load a very cool looking round that shoots well.

Make me an offer, if I decide to sell it, I'd like a couple of days to cast up a pile of boolits for Gonzo before I'd ship it out.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry about that, inbox has been fixed, sending you a PM now.