Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New reloading room build

Boolit Buddy
    I saw your post about 3D printers and making bullet feeders. I was trying to get a picture of my printer. I bought one about 3 years ago, mainly for reloading goodies. So I will have some questions about the feeders for sure! At least I’m pretty sure it was a post by you, but it seems to be gone now :/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD736F0C-2D2E-4B7A-BBFB-E5C72DECDE83.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	297141

I decided it was off topic, so deleted it. I'm not wanting to step on toes. But really glad to help anywhere I can.

With your 210mmX210mm printing bed you are limited to only the small Ammo Mike style of bullet collator. The Ender 3's are 220mm x220mm x250mm and will barely print TylerR's bigger collator. But your's still great for printing most other things. I use a Creality CR10 version 2 which has a 300x300x400 mm bed. It prints the larger 300 collator in TylerR's creations. He also has what he calls a "Mondo" version that requires a printer with a 350mm sq. bed. (as big as Dillon's case collator.)

If you catch the bug, you'll have to evaluate how far you will go....but I wouldn't sell what you got....two is better than one. Iow's to be able to have two prints going at once is better than what I have........they aren't exactly fast at printing.

Heres a link to the Castboolits bullet feeder thread. It's only 141 pages long and going. First 50 pages are more on Ammo Mike's small jewel bullet feeder.....the rest got bigger. Last third is on bigger prints and even Lee APP magic.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ullet-Collator
    Last edited by GWS; 03-05-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Oh I’ve been looking into Creality Enders anyway. I got this one to tinker with to see how I liked it

Are the bullet feeders finicky at all to set up and run consistently? I would like to print a small bullet feeder for my Lee App for bullet sizing

Quote Originally Posted by makeurownfun View Post
    Oh I’ve been looking into Creality Enders anyway. I got this one to tinker with to see how I liked it

Are the bullet feeders finicky at all to set up and run consistently? I would like to print a small bullet feeder for my Lee App for bullet sizing
    The following YouTube video was made by Beetmagnet before I even bought my 3d printer:

s
    That's an AmmoMike style little one (made by karl Bibbs) getting the workout along with the poor Lee APP getting the worst of it. Man that guy is brutal on such a light press.

The collators are reliable once the learning curve finished and the right parts are printed and setup. Lot's of help on the thread too. People there freely give. Ask your questions there and me and smarter people than me will answer.

TylerR's posts all have a link at the bottom where you can download all the parts to print....except AmmoMike's stuff, message me on his.

BTW, the following video is my AmmoMike style loading nose down without a ramp....or two holes.

Last edited by GWS; 03-05-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I did pickup 2 sets of these drawer systems from IKEA as the dimensions fit perfectly under my bench. I did have to remove the 1/2” plywood from the bottom and add a few 2x4s under the drawers, and cut the plywood out from under it, but it fits great. Just more storage. Going to add the other one somewhere under the bench too.

Name:	782C01D2-40BA-4A11-AEAC-0A2A11F0E3E9.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	297390

And I will definitely PM you GWS. I do want to run one for sizing bullets on my APP. It’s the only reason I bought it lol. Plan to run it with my NOE push through sizer as well with their adaptor

Boolit Buddy
    Little update. Trying to figure out the best placement and spacing for my other 3 mounts. The Lee App will probably stay on the 7” elevated base for sizing bullets

Name:	73295259-6BDE-4069-95A9-341359D1336A.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	302756

Name:	D2841DB8-1504-4F85-98B6-C35B26A9A924.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	302757

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567