Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New reloading room build

Boolit Buddy
    Got off work a little early for once. So I decided to start the tops. Pulled them downstairs, sanded to 320, took the top leading edge off, sanded the end grain, and decided to make a wipe on poly for a finish. This way I should get a much more even coat without brush strokes. Oil based satin clear polyurethane mixed with mineral spirits. One coat applied waiting for it to fully cure then to sand it again with 320 or I’m going to try this 0000 steel wool “sanding” and see if that is any better. We shall see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 79207581-F63E-45A8-9CF2-A1954EBCC075.jpg   1E0D881D-EC45-437F-B998-13CF9D5CE74E.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Tops have been attached. Working on cutting the bottom shelf now. Also managed to moved the last “bit” of ingots today. Roughly around 835 ingots, that average 3lb 10oz each
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D73B4FEC-969E-4C88-A40B-EAD15B9B76BA.jpg   64A33565-D1E4-479A-AA5D-530914C7A095.jpg  

Very nice quarters for the new reloading room. I built my new room three years ago. Watch the possibility of water in the basement, water table, fire and all.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Man
    That overhead fan should be interesting with your scales

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Very nice quarters for the new reloading room. I built my new room three years ago. Watch the possibility of water in the basement, water table, fire and all.
    No basements in Louisiana. This is above the garage

Quote Originally Posted by garbler View Post
    That fan was here when I moved in. Will probably be changed out before it’s finished

Boolit Master

The last word in building a loading room.
    "You can never have never have too much lighting or shelves."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    The last word in building a loading room.
    "You can never have never have too much lighting or shelves."
    Or outlets, your new reloading room looks wonderful. But I've wondered from day one why you didn't install more outlets.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Dar View Post
    Or outlets, your new reloading room looks wonderful. But I've wondered from day one why you didn't install more outlets.
    Better late than never...
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dar View Post
    The outlets have been bought and will be going in after Thanksgiving. They’re not hard to add in after the fact

I am envious. My first dedicated reoading room was a space under the upper stairs in a tri-level house. Because of the width of the steps my bench was less than six feet long. It also had a sloping ceiling but shallower than yours because of the stairs.

Today my loading/casting area is whatever space I can borrow from an eight foot long by two foot wide bench in my garage. It's cluttered with things from my other interests - wood working, electronics, general repair, and welding. Reloading has to be put away when casting , making guitar amps, working on instruments, or casting boolits.

Take your time. Think a small area through at a time, and build it well.

Jim

Also don’t see a back splash. Outlets on or inlet into the backsplash?

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the kind words @Jim22. Definitely trying to take my time and plan it out

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Also don’t see a back splash. Outlets on or inlet into the backsplash?
    Backsplash? I am putting in outlets above the bench right now. Above and beside the outlets I will have some Wall Control metal pegboard panels, which will have shelves and all types of other things on them as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 798197B6-56C8-4F9B-808C-4DA084A1B3D2.jpg  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2A15BA7A-5748-4FAF-85B8-E12A7CB547A2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	292203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B80D17F6-52DA-4F76-BD07-4F7B27EA1B71.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	292204
    A bench with a backsplash looks more finished to me if you are leaving bare wall behind the bench. If you’re going to run pegboard or paneling from bench to ceiling then no. Neither of these are mine.

Boolit Master

makeurownfun,

how about an update?
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by garbler View Post

I see no problem with the fan. I assume it has an off switch.

Boolit Buddy
    MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Ran 24/7 it felt like at work since the last update. Even worked 10 hours today
    BUT, I started mocking things up. I need to buy the bullet tray mount from Inline Fabrication still, but being that I built my bench top for my height and to be able to stand and work or sit on a tall barstool. I think I need to move them to the right maybe an once to give just a touch more room on the left side of the left one. But these are just clamped down, no holes yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6C4CE908-A579-44D0-AF15-F3FCF9F6EFAF.jpg  

Banned
    That looks real nice.

Looks good. Big machines. Use clamps to experiment with your press locations. Allow enough room between them for any extra bullet blocks, boxes, trays etc. Don’t forget your angled ceiling on the left. Is there going to be anything on the long edge of the bench that when you are working at the left press [closest to the corner] that you are going to interfere with?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Looks good. Big machines. Use clamps to experiment with your press locations. Allow enough room between them for any extra bullet blocks, boxes, trays etc. Don’t forget your angled ceiling on the left. Is there going to be anything on the long edge of the bench that when you are working at the left press [closest to the corner] that you are going to interfere with?
    Not that I have planned, mostly storage in that corner. The corners always seem to be a bit of a “waste” but I will have the metal Wall Control pegboard going down the long side of the bench. So that will allow me to have storage on the wall also. That corner I may stack up dies or something.

I am thinking of getting some of the wall mount from inline for Dillon quick changes. I think that would work well there

I am not 100% sure yet, but if I can get the Dillons to fit on the long side of the bench (under the angled ceiling) I think it’s going to be super close, but if one of them will, I would definitely opt for that option being I would have much more room around them. I also have a few other presses that will go on the bench. Want to have a dedicated gun cleaning/building spot and at the end across from the bathroom will be my tumblers and frankfort Arsenal wet tumbler

Boolit Master
    The French cleat system and a way to lock the units:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...DVDRSCL%26%3D0

I have not done this system but it’s interesting.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast