WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New reloading room build

Quote Originally Posted by makeurownfun View Post
    Not that I have planned, mostly storage in that corner. The corners always seem to be a bit of a “waste” but I will have the metal Wall Control pegboard going down the long side of the bench. So that will allow me to have storage on the wall also. That corner I may stack up dies or something.

I am thinking of getting some of the wall mount from inline for Dillon quick changes. I think that would work well there

I am not 100% sure yet, but if I can get the Dillons to fit on the long side of the bench (under the angled ceiling) I think it’s going to be super close, but if one of them will, I would definitely opt for that option being I would have much more room around them. I also have a few other presses that will go on the bench. Want to have a dedicated gun cleaning/building spot and at the end across from the bathroom will be my tumblers and frankfort Arsenal wet tumbler
    Lazy susan for that corner?

Thanks for taking time to post the pics!

Boolit Buddy
    Next up is some shelving around the external corner on the opposite wall. From the bathroom door, wrapped around the corner to the wall with the air ducts. This will be for powder and primers, mainly. I’m sure other junk will also make its way there too

This is the powder that I inherited from my Pappaw and his brother (my uncle) when they passed. The 2lb of 4350 was stuff I got. I also got a couple 8lbers of clays and titegroup. Plus all the powder I have bought, can’t wait to get all the primers out and organized so I can count it all, because it is A LOT (thankfully)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 74BE5A38-71E7-40B8-A11F-2BEE0755D1E3.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Today I started the shelves. I wasn’t too sure on exactly how I was going to do them, but this is what happened. And I ran out of 2x4s… Again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6022E35F-4857-4B1E-AAC9-45CA9E21A05F.jpg   80BCA88F-C85F-4280-9352-33C8C59EBB0C.jpg  

Boolit Master

Looks like it is going to be a really nice setup.

Boolit Master
    The OP will be “stuffin’ rounds in no time now!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Paint. I know I at least need to add the two legs at the corners, but I may add 2 more at the ends. This way if I somehow have extra room, I can stack some brass on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 39CA2272-4749-450F-B35B-314620ADBC35.jpg   BE5D30D7-D027-434D-8F60-C4B31DB33539.jpg  

Looks like you are a very busy bee! Looks Great, and it looks like you don't need the island anyway.....would probably make moving around too tight. Merry Christmas....have a fun New Year! Now you just need a Thumbler's Tumbler!

One 2 hour batch of .357
    Last edited by GWS; 12-31-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Really like your creative black corner shelves. Artsy fartsy. Need some legs on the bottom shelf to strengthen it to support your lead projectiles unless you have another place you’re planning to store it. I store mine in heavy duty shelving I built in my pantry.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Really like your creative black corner shelves. Artsy fartsy. Need some legs on the bottom shelf to strengthen it to support your lead projectiles unless you have another place you’re planning to store it. I store mine in heavy duty shelving I built in my pantry.
    Got ya covered 😬
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EA6962B1-1878-45D1-8836-459893775CB7.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Looks like you are a very busy bee! Looks Great, and it looks like you don't need the island anyway.....would probably make moving around too tight. Merry Christmas....have a fun New Year! Now you just need a Thumbler's Tumbler!

One 2 hour batch of .357
    Awesome! Looks like I’m not the only busy bee. I have the big FART wet tumbler and a Frankfort Arsenal media tumbler. Tonight will be inventorying primers and powder on the shelves. Then organizing brass maybe under the bench somewhere

Boolit Buddy
    Well, seems I may need to build some more shelving somewhere lol

I need to count and inventory what I have and what I need. Certainly need more SRP, but who doesnt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EEAC9FE1-BC79-4CDE-8FBA-A64B158FAB18.jpg   362A02F5-EA68-4427-B6F1-875E74618876.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Wall control installed and Inline Fab mounts bolts down finally
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AB1581D4-250D-4D83-8C9C-DC521CF9AABF.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Started on the “backsplash” this evening. Home Depot would have to order Maple 1x2, so I opted for “select pine”, it matches really well. It is just sitting in place, tomorrow I will finish nail them down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09934B5F-6342-434E-B194-7F40066C9C49.jpg  

Looking good! Now if it was mine, I'd use the same stuff and nail a face to that plywood......raise it 1/8" higher than the top......then nothing will roll off. I didn't do that with mine....sorry I didn't, too lazy now to redo it. I may yet. I also like the possibility of making a bracket for reloading bins that I could slide the length of the bench and hook a bin. May have to 3d print one to try out.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-09-2022 at 11:36 PM.

Boolit Master
    When I first laid eyes on the photos and drawings of the OP’s room I thought it would benefit from a island for work space, use a docking system for presses and have the walls have the storage.

I agree with GWS that an island and a bench system would choke up movement around the OP’s space.

All in all I like what makeurownfun has done here!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by makeurownfun View Post
    Well, seems I may need to build some more shelving somewhere lol

I need to count and inventory what I have and what I need. Certainly need more SRP, but who doesnt

Are you sure you are not opening a store? LOL. That's more stuff than I have seen on the shelves locally for months.

Boolit Master

You know; you have more powder than Powder Valley. Good looking setup.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Are you sure you are not opening a store? LOL. That's more stuff than I have seen on the shelves locally for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    You know; you have more powder than Powder Valley. Good looking setup.
    Haha, no no. No store
    Just getting out of a few other hobbies and trying to make reloading my main hobby. So just preparing, especially with how everything is going today
    You just don’t know what’s going to happen

But thank you! Everyone for chiming in and helping me plan this out. Still not done, will post more as I get more done

Boolit Buddy
    Latest Inline Fabrication order finally arrived. Got the bullet trays mounted and setup my APP press on the 7.5” mount. It’s going to be used for sizing bullets only. I think I’m almost ready to setup the Dillon on the right for some 223 loading. Never used a Dillon before (honest &#129315

Ready to get this room cleaned up and straightened. It’s also about time to start casting some 458 bullets!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C8EEFA29-DECF-476A-A447-2CAF3771CD31.jpg   61A5BF4C-FF32-4224-BF95-B3BE20BDA05B.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    No updates sadly. Have been out of town working. Was able to source 300+ pieces of once fired 6.5 Creedmoor brass. Never thought I would be buying brass, but picking it up a couple at a time from the range is taking forever.

Hope to have some updates soon now, have to clean it all up now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast