RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Pat Marlin's backorder

Boolit Bub

Pat Marlin's backorder

I have a couple questions about those who have order from Pat Marlin in the past year or so: when did you order, what calibers and when did you receive it?

And please: I don't want this to turn into another bitch about Pat thread and get closed, but rather a thread that can help us figure out where our orders stand in regards to shipment.

I received my "pay in full" email from him on feb 17, 2021 for 22, 25 and 30 cal makers and am still waiting to receive all of them

Boolit Master
    I waited over a year for an order that never arrived before finally receiving a refund. Needless to say I don't use them anymore.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Moderator Emeritus

his website says, "Due to Covid-19 and the huge demand for my dies, I currently have a backlog of 90 days or more until caught up."
    In the past, I've ordered several of his tools and I've waited as long as 18 months for a GC maker. While this was some time ago, I will mention I felt like he was stringing me on, with excuses, in responses to my monthly emails to him, asking for updates. I suspect he had no idea, just how large his backlog truly was. But anyway, I waited and finally he shipped good tools. So the rule of thumb is, just be patient, and "he'll ship when he ships" ...and they'll be good tools.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I think in addition to demand he moved at one point and had to set up his shop in new location. Just to run into issues with the rolling blackouts that California had going for awhile, not sure where that stands.

The other style checkmaker the fellow making those retired so that alone dumped business to Pat. I have no idea of any specific business practices he uses. I would say if a lot of orders are coming in he has the same choice other firearm related sales sites have used. No backorders so decline to accept more orders or backorders accepted with the knowledge that it just puts you in the queue to get your order filled when item(s) become available.

Lack of gas checks being available, as well as more folks realizing they wanted ability to meet their needs for checks independent of current market means vendors are getting flooded. I recall looking at a press to order during one panic, double checked the review to make sure that was the model I wanted, switched back to the order and it had gone from many in stock to 6 month back order in a couple of minutes.

My experience with a missing ram adapter was a very rapid response, with stuff that had to be made during a rush... slower but eventually it came. Tough if one is without checks, but on the plus side after it arrives that won't be a problem again.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    This thread is makin' me wonder if I should have looked elsewhere...........hell, I only ordered in August.............was unsure if that order went thru and queried him......he replied, but never directly affirmed receipt........have since had updates on his difficulties and I can surely understand that.

At worst I've lost a few bucks I guess, but there are alternatives so rather than bitch I'll wait it out till next year and then decide what to do.....

I WILL say that I personally have a strong disapproval of the practice of not being able to cancel or get a refund................THAT might create some issue, even for a small outlay of cash!

Boolit Buddy
    My gas check maker was ordered from Pat in early February '21 & was received yesterday. Today I was looking at the cost of the .010" copper sheet (about $53 shipped) for enough to make about 1000 checks & then went to my usual supplier's website to find they have Hornady .30 cal checks back in stock at $38/1000! Still, at least I'll be self sufficient if (when!) another shortage comes along!
    "For a man, be he ever so much resolved to do his duty as a parent, can't be flogging his children all day....."

The Memoirs of Barry Lyndon, Esq. (William Thackeray).

He had excuses before he got his CNC machines, hes got excuses after he got his cnc machines

Boolit Master

check out Georgia Copper

https://www.gacopper.com/012-strap.html

Thanks for the link! Inch wide I can get double the checks vs 1/2"

My only regret is not buying more free Chex dies. I buy 8mm and 35 cal from sage's.