Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Put a dog down today

Boolit Master

I feel your pain. It was hard to drive home by myself, my K9 partner....

Boolit Master
    I, like so many,, understand your pain & our hearts go out to you. We humans outlive our pets,, but they bring so much life to our lives. While we only have cats currently,, we understand it doesn't matter what kind of pet,, it still hurts. Take comfort in knowing you cared for & loved your dog,, and gave her a good life.

Handloader109, I sure hope we see our dogs again! Good souls IMO! I loved and bonded with all of them. I can't see how any of them would burn up in YHVHs shakina glory if they make it there but I'm not in charge of getting them there to bask in it.
    Last edited by BJK; 10-14-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    We've had to do it far too often and it's never easy. But she was in pain and it was the kindest thing to do for her. She could barely walk, but never cried out. She had a good life and brought joy into ours for 13 years. She was our longest lived dog.

FWIW, that is NOT her as my avatar. That's just a generic avatar that the forum supplies.
    BJK I am so sorry for your loss....a dog is family and doing the right, though the hard thing, is a most terrible thing. We have multiple dogs and it is always my job.....I just hope and believe that they will be waiting for us when we get with Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Sorry to hear , I know how it is ,I had to do with my dogs and coydogs. Still think of the good times I had with them. no matter how hard it is to do it I look after the well fare of them . Hang in there the longest one I had was 16 years and he was a coyote , dog , wolf mix , I got him and his brother when I was trapping coyotes and the vet said they where about 6 1/2 weeks old. his brother I lost to cancer he was 1 month short of 12 years old .The photo you see me have is the coydog I have now , he is mix with coyote and boarder collie . I got him when he was 8 weeks and now over 7 years old .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss.
    My experience with older pets boils down to 'they'll tell you when it's time' but it's never easy.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Banned
    I don't have the words I know the now empty place.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss. It is VERY hard to do.

We've only had to put one pet down in our long time married. Our cat Louise of 17 years. I got to be the one to do it while my wife was at work. My best friend, Hope who worked with me, was there for me at work that day. When my wife got home, we put Louise in a nice pillowcase with some of her toys and buried her in the back yard crying the whole time. It still brings tears to my eyes.

If there is a god, he'll let me die before Mittens.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry for your loss. Its never easy to loose a pet.

Our Cat will soon be 18. She got sick back in the Summer and it hit me pretty hard. She got over it but it reminded me that the day is coming.

I wish some of you guys that are needing a pet to fill a void lived closer. I know where there is a great Irish Setter that needs a good home. There is a very abusive male involved and the poor Dog is mistreated. I'm just not up to it, but I wish that I was.

Always hurts, you have my sympathy. It is sad but true that the final way one can repay the years of love they give us is in letting them go when it is to their benefit and our loss.

I have been blessed with some wonderful dogs, I look forward to being in good company and well met when my time comes.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. Its never easy to loose a pet.

Our Cat will soon be 18. She got sick back in the Summer and it hit me pretty hard. She got over it but it reminded me that the day is coming.

I wish some of you guys that are needing a pet to fill a void lived closer. I know where there is a great Irish Setter that needs a good home. There is a very abusive male involved and the poor Dog is mistreated. I'm just not up to it, but I wish that I was.
    At some point in our lives one has to consider outliving our dog rather than the other way around. If I get another dog in addition to the 4 year old we have now it will be an adult rescue. One who I will accept the need to say goodbye to but for what remains of their life they will have a good "pack" and home. Knowing I am not as likely to leave a mature "unadoptable" dog I love to be uncared for or euthanized compensates for not raising them from a puppy and enjoying those early years.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Condolences man, It's never easy.

Boolit Master

Condolences, it’s never easy. When I have a great dog, I can never have another one in that breed. Just not fair to the other pup, cause I already had the best of the breed.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

Had to put our Joey (14 yoa) down back in August. Probably a stroke, lost all use of his hind legs. Surrounded by his loving family. Really sad, I feel for you and your loss. It was so sad to lose my best buddy. Not the 1st time, I'm afraid. It hurts, all I can say. Go forward and celebrate their time with you and their life. You gave them the best life you could.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Sorry for your loss. Very hard thing to do .
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    You all are in our thoughts and prayers . . . . not easy but perhaps the greatest act of love for a devoted friend.Our dogs are our "kids". Last March we had to say goodbye to our Riley - he was just a month shy of 14 and in the past 50 years, one of our favorites . . . hf logged in almost 30,000 miles with us traveling back and forth between Michigan and Arizona.

I told my wife that when the time was right, Riley would send her a friend and in June, he did. She found a small rescue dog at a Humane Society . . . as soon as we saw him we knew he was coming home with us. She named him "Lucky" because we were blessed and lucky to find him and he was lucky to find us. He has settled right in and he is a smart, loving little guy.

Cherish the good memories and the love and devotion you shared. When the time is right, there is another one out there who is looking for a good loving home that you and yours can provide. There is a reason "dog" is "God" spelled backwards . . . .

Boolit Master

Had to put down a pet earlier this year because somehow she got poisoned and there was nothing that could be done but to end her suffering. She died in my arms it was the kindest thing I could do for and yes I still miss her almost everyday when I see something that reminds me of her.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Really sorry to here this. They become part of the life and cared for.

Had to put our little Maltipoo, mostly poo I think, down recently. I thought I was going to have to sent my wife along with Shelly, the little dog was her shadow.. My cousin gave her a black Shi Tzu that turned into a little clown after getting used to being here. My little Gracie is a silver-gray terrier of some kind, 15 pounds of dog and 5 pounds of fur. I think she was supposed to be a designer dog, but no one wanted her, for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Best Wishes
    Dave

They do form strong bonds with us and us with them don't we?

We're going to check the various shelters to see if we can find what we want. We love Shadow (still not himself BTW) but he was supposed to be a dog half his size, or at least that was the plan. But we really need to transition to smaller dogs. I don't know if I wrote it, but we started with Rotties and then a Cane Corso. Well, the AmStaff definitely is smaller than the 150# dogs. But this next "sister" for him I want a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Same AmStaff mindset but in a body 1/2 the size and weight. Basically a big dog in a small body. I've been looking online every day. We might be forced to buy one.

edit: The wife is adamant about a meet and greet for him and the sake of the adopted dog. That pretty much means a shelter dog since there are no SBT breeders in Maine.
    Last edited by BJK; 10-16-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Boolit Master
    Had to have my North American pitbull terrier Bob put to sleep. Had cancer and problems with his hips. Miss him so much it hurts. My daughters fence got wrecked when Ida came through her area. So we have her pure bred German Shepard Floki. Big doofy shepard but likeable all the same. Frank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast