RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Put a dog down today

Boolit Master
    Going after a shelter dog is a good idea. I have always seemed to adopt strays around here. However,, after the loss of a beloved cat in July,, Miss Penny didn't want to "wait" to find her a cuddle kitty.
    We discussed waiting on a stray,, vs. a shelter,, vs looking for a breeder.

A shelter animal is often a stray someone wanted to rescue,, but couldn't keep themselves. And,, most often,, these strays,, turn out to be the best overall.

So, our shelter kitty was selected.

Besides the absolutely STUPID rules due to covid,, (no way to go to the shelter to see any animals in person, no way to see how the animals interact with us, using zoon, zoom,, or whatever it was to watch a video of the cat, etc,, the weird way the paperwork was handled, & gosh knows whatever all else my better half had to do,) we were able to adopt a kitty.

It has been 2 weeks now since we brought home our newest fur baby. And,, he has been just about perfect.

I truly think God has a way of helping us select a pet,, dog or cat,, that "fits" us all.

Boolit Grand Master

Our Valley Bulldog found dog is about 12yrs and is going south fast. She walked up to the house one day right after we bought it and stayed. Wife says we are going to sell when the house dog is gone. We just might do that as not having Ralph around won't seem right.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Going after a shelter dog is a good idea. I have always seemed to adopt strays around here. However,, after the loss of a beloved cat in July,, Miss Penny didn't want to "wait" to find her a cuddle kitty.
    We discussed waiting on a stray,, vs. a shelter,, vs looking for a breeder.

A shelter animal is often a stray someone wanted to rescue,, but couldn't keep themselves. And,, most often,, these strays,, turn out to be the best overall.

So, our shelter kitty was selected.

Besides the absolutely STUPID rules due to covid,, (no way to go to the shelter to see any animals in person, no way to see how the animals interact with us, using zoon, zoom,, or whatever it was to watch a video of the cat, etc,, the weird way the paperwork was handled, & gosh knows whatever all else my better half had to do,) we were able to adopt a kitty.

It has been 2 weeks now since we brought home our newest fur baby. And,, he has been just about perfect.

I truly think God has a way of helping us select a pet,, dog or cat,, that "fits" us all.
    I'm not a cat person by any means and in fact would never have one in the house but is a cat breeder a thing? I never knew there was such.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm not a cat person by any means and in fact would never have one in the house but is a cat breeder a thing? I never knew there was such.
    I'm not a cat person either, but there are such things as cat breeds, so there must be breeders of them.

Boolit Master
    Yes,, there are cat breeders,, and some EXPENSIVE breeds as well.

I didn't mean that the OP should get a cat,, I was just expressing what we just went through.

Contender1 I never entertained for even a second the thought that you were suggesting a cat for me. I'm definitely a dog person, but I can tolerate cats, and they're OK on a sandwich with mayo' until one runs out of pickle. Long story and it involves a GI low on cash and the road on the way to St.Mere Iglese from Paris. But I was really hungry and the price was right.

We've been searching out dogs we would want. All sorts of dogs available, but our search is fairly narrow. We may be forced to contact breeders. Shadow is loving it since he gets to ride in the car with mom and dad. He sorta reminds me of what's his face lashed to the mast shouting, "I"M SAILING!". (Bill Murry?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123