Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which stock production passenger vehicle has the greatest range?

Boolit Master
    The sad reality is that all electric cars do at this time, is move the source of the pollution to a central location. A few hundred nuclear power plants could probably make electric transportation possible. In the mean time I think a small ICE to charge the batteries while you are at work, or shopping would be ideal.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    In 1921, an electric car had a range of about 75 miles. 2021, they claim 300, but in reality is closer to 250. So at this rate, maybe in another 75 years we will have produced a practical all-electric battery driven car.
    That is under ideal circumstances. Actual testing indicates 20 degree temps reduce range by 41% and zero temps about 60%. Mpls junked it's 500 million dollars worth of electric buses for this reason. Same for hot weather and AC usage.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    2002 Suburban 5.3 gives 550 enjoyable highway miles per full tank.

Just watch that kickdown.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    That's pretty impressive. Our Camry Hybrid at work has nowhere near that.

I'm pretty sure a Diesel Jetta, at least the older ones, could do 800+ miles on a tank.
    As an added bonus the EMP proof Diesel Jetta engine will fit in a Suzuki Samurai too. I had no idea it’s range was that high.

Thanks for posting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    When I fill up my 2019 Subaru Crosstrek's 16 gallon tank & press the little info button it tells me I've got about 650 miles to go.

Bob

I’ll have to try that with our 2017 Outback.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    The Chevy Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax 6 cylinder inline is doing over 30 MPG and it has a 28.3 gallon tank so that about 849 miles at 30 mpg. A buddy has one in he is getting 32 to 34 on the highway doing 75 mph so that would put him at 934 miles at 33 mpg.

https://dieselresource.com/diesel-re...duramax-specs/
    yup if i was going to play id say the newer half ton diesel trucks by the big three. some may get better mpg but most of them are tiny with half the tank size. i know for sure it isnt my ram hemi!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Guy I talked to at the range had one of the Dodge Ram eco-diesels and claimed 30 MPG. With a 35 gal tank, that would give him a 1000 mile range.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    My F150 runs on gasoline unlike others here that seem to run on air?

I remember a joke from the 60's. An electic car drove from New York to California and used $1.28 in electricity. The extension cord cost $1 million.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Some of the newer Ford diesels F350s have a 48 gallon tank. If you drove 65-70 you would average at least 20 mpg. That ends up at 960 miles.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

My Saturn has small gas tank. But i get 35mpg combined. Been driving it more with gas going up. The vibe only goes to the grocery store now. Just to run it and keep the battery charged.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Guy I talked to at the range had one of the Dodge Ram eco-diesels and claimed 30 MPG. With a 35 gal tank, that would give him a 1000 mile range.
    Mmmmmmmmmm diesel!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Some of the newer Ford diesels F350s have a 48 gallon tank. If you drove 65-70 you would average at least 20 mpg. That ends up at 960 miles.
    I drive a lot faster than that and still get a little over 20 mpg when driving on the highway (2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke). Unfortunately, with my "shorter" bed I only have a 34 gallon tank. But 600 miles between fill-ups is easy without getting too close to empty (although a don't let the tank get below 1/4 usually).

Pulling a trailer is a different story and I sure wish I had that 48 gallon tank. That large tank is only available in crew cab long bed models which were not available when we went truck shopping.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 10-21-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    When I fill up my 2019 Subaru Crosstrek's 16 gallon tank & press the little info button it tells me I've got about 650 miles to go.

Bob
    When i fill up and press the miles till empty it usually says 1,200 or so
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    my buddies D9 Cat went 900 miles on a tank (but it was sitting on a lowboy)

My 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 is averaging just under 26 MPG.

With the 36 gallon tank that comes out to 936 theoretical miles. More than I want to do in one sitting. Rarely do I let it get much below 1/2 a tank.

They'd put me in jail for putting a spike through the gas pump speaker if I had to listen to the nattering nabobs of stupidity on "gas station TV".

There is a special place in that warm spot reserved just for people who invent things like that.

And I ain't talkin' Jamaica.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123