Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: finding cheap used truck -not so easy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    Trailer plate is permanent. Trailer is insured when it's hooked up to the insured car. No free lunch on the car itself.
    my mistake. the way you worded it it sounded like you had a free plate and insurance on the car.

Moderator Emeritus

Five months ago, I sold my 21 yr old Chevy C2500 pickup, std cab, 8' box, 5.7ltr, that had minimal rust and fairly low miles for it's age, for $3700, to a happy water melon farmer. Maybe I under-priced it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    how do you get a lifetime MI plate and how do you get free insurance? Only lifetime plates ive heard of are disabled vet plates.
    Montana has permanent plates for vehicles over ten years old. Trailer plates are also permanent.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Five months ago, I sold my 21 yr old Chevy C2500 pickup, std cab, 8' box, 5.7ltr, that had minimal rust and fairly low miles for it's age, for $3700, to a happy water melon farmer. Maybe I under-priced it?
    Oh yeah you did. You should get melons for life and hunting rights.

I hear you. I just sold my 2008 Silverado 4x4 1500 to the place I've bought tires from for 25 years- $3000 279,000 miles on the original motor with yearly oil changes......

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

If I had known you were selling that truck for that price, I'd have taken a day off work, and been there in few hours with cash. You could have got three times that price, but at the same time, you then have to deal with flakes. Nobody screws around when a real deal shows up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Montana has permanent plates for vehicles over ten years old. Trailer plates are also permanent.
    man that would be nice. We do have permanant trailer plates but cars have to be i believe over 25 years old to qualify for an antique plate.

Boolit Master
    I'm looking at a 98 chevy 2500 4x4, 170000 miles, real clean looking, $3500, won't start, has to be either gas pump or filter, cap and rotor or ECM., another option is a ford 2007 f350 dually with 80000miles. $9500, rode hard and hung up wet aint too pretty . problem is I can't hardly get in and out my driveway or to the barns without a tractor or 4x4 if its at all wet. my wrecked truck sure is in limbo, I'm going to try and get local chevy dealer that has a body shop to take a look at my wrecked 2500hd at the impound lot where its was towed to and get me fair evaluation. lesson learned to be sure and have top rate insurance.
    Last edited by farmbif; 10-16-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Boolit Master
    About 10-11 years I got T-boned by a guy without a drivers license driving a borrowed car, the car was insured. The other car was fixed and on the road before they even looked at mine. The insurance co refused to even answer calls, it had been about three weeks since the accident. My wife got the insurance commissioner's name and number and called the insurance rep and left a message. She received a call about very shortly after. The rep was snotty but my wife was MAD, things went downhill fast. I'll leave it at that but things started to happen. A very nice adjuster came the next day, he was a private contractor and knew nothing about the situation. He gave us a fair price for the car and gave extra for our trouble plus paid for the registration for a replacement car. I add a little and bought a used car that I still drive today.

Boolit Master

A friend ordered a Ford pickup in January, still hasn't gotten it.
    My wife got a call from the Honda dealer, they offered her $3000 more than she paid for it 4 years ago.
    Older farm tractors in nice shape are going for premium prices. Especially the ones built before all the EPA regs. Try getting parts. All scarce.
    Crazy times!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    If I had known you were selling that truck for that price, I'd have taken a day off work, and been there in few hours with cash. You could have got three times that price, but at the same time, you then have to deal with flakes. Nobody screws around when a real deal shows up.
    Well, three times that price "IF" it had 4x4 and extended cab. I told a bunch of local people about the truck (one is a CB member) Everyone looking at it for $4k passed as soon as they realized it was Std cab and 2x4. And being a 2000 with old body style (Classic), meaning it was a fleet truck with hand crank windows and manual door locks (no FOB) and such didn't help any either...But it sure did run nice and always started on cold frosty Minnesota winter mornings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Lots here for sale mostly GM's for some reason,They seen to out number fords 10 to 1 ?

Boolit Grand Master
    You could try and spray some carb cleaner into the engine and see if it starts. If so, then that might narrow down what is wrong.

Boolit Master
    I drove my 2007 GMC Sierra to auto zone to get some filters. Guy comes up and asks if I wanted to sell it. Only has 28,000 miles on it. Told him not interested in selling as it's been paid off for years. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

I just looked at the following in a small dealer.

2016 F350 Laredo
    4x4
    Crew Cab
    6.7 Powerstroke B20 Diesel
    White with black interior and clean
    142,505 miles
    $46,595

I was thinking about it but that seems like alot of miles for the year. I'm really looking for a 3/4 ton diesel to pull a camper.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Hi farmbif, My neighbor passed away and left his daughter his 2012 Chevrolet Silverado
    crewcab pickup, It's a 4x4 with 90000 miles on it with tow package. Not sure what that
    includes, It's just been inspected and has had the airbag callback fixed at the dealer.
    Truck is in nice shape as he only used it for like a car. She has it for sale at $32.000
    which I thought was kind of high. I checked at some of the used truck dealers and see
    that she is not off on her pricing. At most of the dealers, trucks with 200.000 miles are
    selling for 32-35.000 on the lot and they are selling. Seems they can't keep them in
    stock. If you think you might be interested shoot me a PM and I'll get you her E-mail
    address and you can contact her. I think you could talk her down on the price, The
    dealers offered her $25.000. So she might talk. The only catch is she has to wait for
    it to go through probate court, hope fully by the end of this month. This truck is in
    Rhode Island Not sure where you are located, but might entail some traveling.
    webfoot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123