Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionPBcastco
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate mold quality

Boolit Buddy

Accurate mold quality

I am considering a new mold purchase, and would appreciate everyone's input. I know Accurate makes a good mold. I know they offer more more designs. I know the will make a mold to my specs. How are Accurate molds better than say, NOE, or Arsenal molds? I.E., materials, mold design, etc, to justify their price? That is, unless you require a specific design that they only offer. Many thanks, Randy.

I have quite a few Lee molds, 3 NOE and 1 Accurate. In my limited experience, NOE and Accurate are both fine molds that work with no frustrations. Lee molds work if you don't mind giving them a whack now and then. I would not hesitate to buy from either NOE or Accurate again. Both are a work of art.

Denny

Boolit Master

Accurate, MP, Arsenal, and NOE are all great molds. I doubt most people could tell them apart if they were blindfolded.

I have molds from all four.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy

Accurate moulds are great.
    I like way you can add a Sprue Cutter Handle like Lee 6- cavity moulds have.
    I only have 2 of their moulds and I'm ready to buy more when I need them.
    I also have all the other brands.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Valley-Shooter; 04-23-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Boolit Buddy

I was unaware of the option for a Sprue Cutter Handle like Lee 6- cavity moulds. Sounds sweet. I have always liked the way lee 6 banger molds cut sprues. Thanks, to all. Randy.

My first experience with Tom at Accurate was a very good, the first time I ordered a custom mold I told the catalog number that I want and the diameter my boar slugged at. when the mold arrived a bit I cast and sized them, a bit of load development and it is punching a group less than 1 inch at yards. since then I have ordered more from him, I have many NOE molds not preforming quite as well as Accurate but did make me give up on Lee and rethink some others RCBS and Lyman, and With MP molds I have been happy I still have a few of them in load development, to see what I can get out of them.

Boolit Master
    I'm saving my dream 45acp mold for Tom to be cut in hard metal .

Boolit Buddy

I have owned 3 accurate moulds and like them better than RCBS, SAECO or Lyman. I only sold my 45-185-O because I don’t shoot .45 anymore. My Iron 36-127-Q and Iron 36-140–O are excellent and cast beautiful bullets. I hope to add another half dozen accurate moulds to my collection.

Boolit Master
    Accurate molds are fantastic. I have both aluminum and brass molds from Tom. Specs are TIGHT and the mold will throw bullets at the specified diameter and weight for a specific alloy. Order to ship is minimal time and quality of the molds is old school.

Boolit Buddy

OK. I get it. He makes a great mold. I will have to get me one soon. Thanks, Randy.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    NOE molds are fine and I have several and no issues with them. But I have more than twice as many Accurate molds, over 20 of them, as I do lots of experimental design work, and Tom has always been very helpful.

I would have no reservations recommending either one.

If you want a "one-off" brain fart mold to test your pet theory of the week Tom Ellis is your "go-to" guy.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy

Outpost75, message received. An endorsement from you is all that is needed. Thanks to all, Randy.

My opinion is that Accurate is one of the best mold makers. I have about 20-25 of those molds.

Another thumbs up for Accurate.
    Add to that how Tom works with people to get them what they want and shazzam, how could it get any better?

Vendor Sponsor

very good Molds. Accurate, NOE and MP are all top of the line.
    Tom is also an honest and understanding person.
    I got some bad info from someone and ordered a mold based on that info . Found out before the mold was made. sent him an email
    he refunded my money within 2 hrs
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    I only have Accurate aluminum and MP brass handgun molds. When I cast with the MP's, I'm positive they are the finest handgun molds I could want to own. Then I need some more RNFP's and install one of the Accurate Molds on handles and I'm positive they are the finest handgun molds I could want to own.

Now my experience isn't close to other guys here by a long shot but I see no need to try any other makers molds. Both drop great accurate bullets quickly. I have at least 10 of each (that's where that money must have went).

If customer service is important there is none better than Tom. If you know what you want to do but don't know how to get there Tom is patient and very very knowledgeable and will help decide what is best then draw it and show you upon your acceptance he will put in the catalog and you will receive the finest mold made. His molds do not require you to heat cycle to properly function you receive the mold add handles and start casting. Before shipping he puts the mold into a sonic cleaner so there is no scrubbing and cleaning you just start casting.

I've strayed a couple times and every single time I kick myself for not getting the best. Personally for customer service the speed you receive it and being the only true one off custom mold maker I feel his prices are easily justified. Like I said every single time I've strayed I've been very unhappy. He may be a bit more but it is easily twice the mold

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I have numerous molds from Accurate Molds and they all are great . I also heartily endorse Veral Smith @ LBT Molds . I have more of Verals molds than any others , I like them that much . Regards Paul

Boolit Bub
    I recently purchased an Accurate mold from Tom. I haven't shot the bullets yet, but quality of mold seems top flight and dims are spot on.

Boolit Bub
    One more 5-star rating for Accurate Molds and Tom...I've been replacing NOE molds with Tom's. The Accurate molds have proven (to me) to cast exceptional bullets and are easier to use (sprue plate) as well...I just emailed him some specs for a 9mm mold Wednesday, he added it to the catalog within 24 hours! The last Accurate mold took 2-3 weeks. Takes a bit to break them in, but after 2 or 3 times bringing to temperature, they are great to work with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast