Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: real world common sense video on ar15s

Banned

real world common sense video on ar15s

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?m...il&form=IDPWLC Ive got 12 psa guns right now and have probably had another dozen that ive sold, traded and given away and have yet to have a breakage on any of them. Only problem i had was with my 9mm 4.5 inch pistol. It came with a sorced bolt from a well known bolt maker and the pin that held the extractor in had a hole drilled to big in the bolt and it would fall out. Psa sent me a new bolt and told me to keep the old one. I put a squirt of red locktight in the whole and still havent had to use the new bolt and that gun has at least 10k through it. Ive got 556s, BOs and a 6.5 grendel from them and even a ar10 and all have been flawluss and I havent had one that wasnt an exceptional shooter to boot.

Banned
    I agree. I am not an AR15 expert but I did buy one of their kits. My son used it to build me a nice rifle.

With a 4X scope I routinely get 2" groups @100 yards. No failures of any kind. I couldn't be happier with it.

Steve in N CA

A couple drops of oil in those two little holes on the bolt carrier keeps those suckers humming. Way back in the 80s my buddy had a Colt CAR-15. I shot it a few times but wasn't impressed at all. My Egyptian Hakim would outshoot it easily as would my Winchester M1 carbine. About ten years ago I shot my cousin's DPMS AR15- and the rest is history. I bought a couple, then combined Anderson lowers and PSA uppers with the parts I wanted.. I'm down to a few now- all assembled from parts by me. I bought one of Remington's last .223 AR fluted 22" barrels and it is very accurate.
    Eugene Stoner was a genius.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Banned

The most accurate centerfire rifle i have in the safe is a toss up between my old 60s era 22250 bdl varmint and my newest ar. My 300 harm. both will shoot groups so small there tough to measure. My 6.5 grendel isnt far behind and its a psa gun. EASILY a 3/4 inch gun on a bad day. My buddy has two of those flutted remington ars a 22 in and i think the other is an 18. Both are tack drivers. If i had only 500 bucks to get a rifle to enter into a smallest group contest it would be an ar15 hands down. Tough to find one today that doesnt shoot. Id say ANY psa gun is capable of moa but i really cant prove it because some of my basic builds never had loads worked up. They just got sighted in with ball and a red dot. But id bet anyone that wanted to show up here i could slap a scope on one and given a couple days to work up a load have them shooting moa.

I can't see the video, but my PSA AR is very reliable and like I was told - I keep her wet.

Boolit Buddy

Youtube link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hID...ature=emb_logo

No issues with the PSA uppers I have bought.

Boolit Master

I didn't make it two minutes into the guy's tirade. It's an argument I'm both long familiar and pretty bored with.

A Colt costs what it does because they operate under military oversight stating parts shall be made of these materials, with these processes, in this order, because these things failed in the jungle, arctic, desert, etc... Certain things WILL be torqued and WILL be staked. Big shipments get rejected and big shipments cancelled if they screw up. As such, they get more scrutiny between raw metal coming in and rifles going out, and we pay for it.

A boutique rifle like a Daniel costs what it does because someone looked at the military checklist and said "I'm not constrained by that and see room to do better". They get even more scrutiny start to finish, and again, we pay for it.

A budget rifle costs what it does because Bubba Buyers only care that it LOOKS the same and the manufacturer decided that "We can make a lot of these with a lot less scrutiny using whatever parts from whoever with whatever assembly process we feel like, and sell them for enough of a margin to offset the warranty issues of the _____% of the ones we screwed up in our haste to frugally boot them out the door as fast as we can"

I hold nothing inherently against a rifle because it was assembled by Leroy Buttcrack. Sometimes he's on his game, however, having inspected a lot of AR's against a very lengthy "this may have to go to war tomorrow" checklist, I will say that you tend to get what you pay for, and that Leroy's batting average is often not what you typically see allowed to play in the Majors.

Nothing mysterious here - just time, experience, and attention to detail - all of which cost.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.