Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Impressed by .350 Legend CVA Cascade rifle.

Boolit Master

Impressed by .350 Legend CVA Cascade rifle.

Ok, let me first say that this is not my rifle, and I am not sold on the caliber. I was zeroing it for a friend. He had a Sig Buckmaster 3x12x44 scope on it. I had read a lot about these rifles a year or two ago, never saw one, but he got a deal on it at Wal Mart, with several boxes of ammo available, Hornady and Winchester, both 180 sp. I got it on paper right away, 3 shots, went to 100 yds,2 more shots, zeroed. I shot a 3 shot group about .600 center to center, with the Hornady ammo. Then holding the same zero, the Winchester hit 3/4" higher, dead on left and right. These 3 went into 3/4". I consider that pretty dang good, for a factory rifle, and 2 different brands of ammo, no barrel break in, just clean the barrel good before shooting. Also, even with the soft recoil pad, the round had a little more recoil than I thought it would, due to me not holding it tight enough to begin with. I dont see it replacing the .357 Maximum, nor a .35 Remington, 30/30 for that matter either. But it fed great, ejected great, shot fine and recoil was not too bad if held tightly. This is a niche caliber, and should do nicely to fill that niche. Afterwards, I compared it to a 38/55 and not as long or as big a case, smaller bullet, .355-180 gr versus .380-265, with about the same recoil, no question to what I would use. That and a dollar.

I always had good luck with the few CVA muzzleloaders I've had, and reports like yours make me want one of those- but in 7mm-08 or so. LOTS of .350 Legend on the shelves here- but no rifles. I know you're a great shot and you proved that rifle is true. I wonder if Begara makes those barrels for CVA?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Begara makes those barrels for CVA yup.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I've been looking at the Cascade rifles at my LGS for the past year or so. They look like a lot of rifle for the money and having Begara barrels is a big plus. I have a couple Begara rifles and they are outstanding. If I see one chambered for a cartridge that interests me I'm sure I'll buy it.
    Chuck

Boolit Master

I recently picked up one of the CVA Scout pistols in .300 BLK and have been extremely impressed with how well it shoots. I am shooting mainly cast bullets in it and they shoot great, it is an extremely fun pistol. Sure got me looking at some of the other CVA offering's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300BO CVA SCOUT.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	290038

Boolit Master
    TBG you are in my head, I told a buddy I would love to have one of the Cascades in 7/08.

Boolit Master
    It's always nice to hear about quality firearms being turned out and who is doing so. Thank you for taking the time to give us a report.