Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Report

Boolit Master
    I may have to go shoot a couple of squirrels & smoke'em just to carry me to the 30th.

Boolit Master
    P.S. We've gotten a few bears in the area recently & I would REALLY like to let the air out of one this year.

Boolit Master

Antlerless opens next week in W Virginia.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211017_191114.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	290463

Got this doe last night at dusk. We were packing in for the night, getting gas from the farm tank for the next days ride home. Decided to leave the truck and walk the 150 yards back to the house and we saw three deer between a break in the tree line. Landowner and friend said to take it if I wanted the shot. First ever with the crossbow. Bought them in January this year and we have been practicing every time we go to the farm. Bolt went in just above the shoulder and came halfway out the the center of the opposite shoulder. We walked it off as 70 yards. This is my third one overall in the two years since I started hunting deer and this property.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211118_171238.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	291900

At Grandma's place for vacation which should have been a week at a friends property for firearm season here in MO. Grandma just had a shoulder replaced so I came down here instead. She said I could hunt and I've been up at 5am for the past 3 days. Plenty of deer, but no shots. Sitting on the back porch this evening about to walk out to the back of the shop and saw this guy just standing at the road about 40 yards away. I froze, we stared at each other, he turned to look behind him, and I hit him with an RCBS 270-150 cast of wheel weights lubed with Carnuba Blue with a home made check. 10 grains of Red Dot. 3rd deer with this load. Scale at the processor said 110lbs after field dress.

https://youtu.be/JhOQ3DuUgpA

These guys are my favorite to go after! I wish I could say I’m using boolits but I’m using 90 grain Speer TNTS in my 6.5 Grendel at 2700 fps. I’ve gotten 8 around our farm this last summer!

Banned
    This year I am just shooting yotes yeah I know but let me tell you my neighbor has about 100 cows in back of my place lost a calf awhile back all we found was a chewed off ear but plenty of yote tracks. I haven't had any deer tracks that I could see since mid summer so it is gonna be cleanup time I put my nv scope on the M1A and got the big tree stand ready so I will have at it.

Boolit Master
    Looks like there has been some freezer filling happening. This is the worst year in 20 for me. I've been through 2-weeks of muzzle loader & 6 days of general firearms season & have not seen 1-deer. Acorns are almost non-existant at my honey hole. Gonna have to move.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by versa-06 View Post
    Looks like there has been some freezer filling happening. This is the worst year in 20 for me. I've been through 2-weeks of muzzle loader & 6 days of general firearms season & have not seen 1-deer. Acorns are almost non-existant at my honey hole. Gonna have to move.
    Water and woods seems to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Lots if water & woods, just no mesh to feed on. Moved a little south to the next mountain, same thing. I'm getting reports that there are plenty of deer down low in the hollers & valleys.

Attachment 292173Happy Thanksgiving to everyone ! Myself and a friend spent the first 2 days of MI gun season hunting large tracts of state land in Northern MI we seen a few flashes of deer but neither of us got a shot. Came home and the next day right after daybreak there were several deer running crazy in a cut corn field behind my home. This was on 11/18 and I was surprised at the rutting activities going on as I seen 3 different bucks and even more does and the bucks were staying right with the does wherever they went. I had a a 6 point and a doe come up close to the back of my property and I shot the small buck and he took a few hops and dropped in the field.
    All throughout the day there were deer coming near where I field dressed that deer and I could have taken another but I was still tired from my trip up north and didn’t feel up to taking care of 2 deer right then so I left them go. I do have another tag and have more archery and muzzleloader season to fill the other tag so I am hoping for some light snow to hunt in as it’s been to warm so far. Good luck to everyone !

Jedman

Boolit Master
    Good Shoot'n ya'll Glad to see the freezers filling & the coyote kill'n.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12