Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911A1 US Army Pistol - By Tisas

Boolit Buddy

1911A1 US Army Pistol - By Tisas

Here's one for ll you fellow Fudds out there.

Howard

Excellent review. That MP band reminds me of my Army days in the 80's, although ours was black and white.

Boolit Master
    Good review--The pistol looks to better than most. I love 1911's and have a few clones. I have never had a stock 1911A1 that didn't need a trigger job but that is easy enough if you have time. I push my mag release anyway so that's no big deal. At least it doesn't have a warning stamped all over the slide like some of mine.
    Last edited by 45DUDE; 10-09-2021 at 10:41 AM.

I didn't realize, until just now, that I must be a Fudd!
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    They make a nice Hi-Power copy too.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    They make a nice Hi-Power copy too.
    They USED to make a Hi-Power copy. Then they discovered that the 1911 market was a lot larger.

They still list them on their website but I haven't seen them offered for sale for a couple of years.

I read recently that another Turkish maker was entering the Hi-Power market though.

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/09/01...hi-power-clone
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

I bought a Tisas 1911 variant a couple of months ago, and I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. If you're interested in a Tisas, also search for "SDS Imports" as a brand name. Be aware some of their 1911s come with a firing pin safety system, so look for a statement like "Series 70 internals" to make sure you are getting the true stuff for the true believers.
    Last edited by 376Steyr; 10-09-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master

I've had the 1911a1 Army copy for a couple years and it has been flawless.
    Will feed any ammo I use including every shape of cast bullet I've tried in it.
    I did change the grips too. It's a great shooter.
    leadhead

Bought a Tisas 1911A1 in green for Wild Bunch Cowboy Action shooting. (Rules state the 1911 has to be a GI gun -- no fancy sights or magwells.)

Man, those original sights are TINY!

But the pistol itself is very nice, and has functioned flawlessly, even if it's made in Turkey. Then again, so is my CZ Sharptail 20-inch side-by-side Coach shotgun. And it's a thing of beauty.

My only regret is that I waited too long to buy the Tisas -- April, 2021 -- and by then the Biden gun-buying panic was in full swing, so the price had risen to $525.

I think the Tisas was going for ~$300 not that long ago....
    Last edited by Liberty1776; 10-09-2021 at 02:52 PM.

I watched your video over morning coffee. Very good, and I see that you're still a passable shot with a 1911. As for the pistol, what's not to like? It is a 1911, isn't it! I've run across very few bad ones, and most of those had been "customized".

DG

Great review, HR Enabler Fudd! The tack driving didn't help- now I want one.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Guys!

Howard

Moderator Emeritus

As usual you are spot on on your review....in depth and very impartial.....loved it!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Just my 2 cents. A Tisas wasn't available so i purchased another Turkish 1911. A Girson (sp) another Turkish firearm. A+ on this one also

Grips, I noticed the right hand panel has a relief for an ambi safety, that ain't right! Looking at my 1945 Remington Rand right now, the color of the grips looks too light and the checkering too fine.

It's hard to tell looking at the video, possibly the checkering on the trigger and hammer may be too deep and coarse according to my pistol. I say MY pistol as they did change and not all were exactly the same according to manufacturer.

Fudd's memory, (may as well get used to it, you opened the worm can) is right, the mag well on my Remington Rand is not beveled as the Tisas is. The color does look very good! One criticism I have is, the machining is TOO good!..WAY TOO GOOD! My G.I. .45 has machine marks all over it!..And it rattles a lot too.

The markings do kinda bug me a little, they could have stamped the left side slide smaller with just their name and address like a genuine G.I. pistol, and I think they coulda gotten away with, ''M 1911 A1'' in small letters on the right side of the frame like an original, maybe or not, ''U.S. ARMY'' after that. Certainly not the ''U.S. PROPERTY'' though by the serial number and maybe not the ordnance wheel behind the grip.

Over-all, not a bad pistol. I liked the review, keep em commi'n!

1980's? Yer just a pup! I guess we all were when we did our time. Semper-Fi!

Vendor Sponsor

Not to hijack this thread but... I STILL want one of the CZ 1911A1 models they produced before shutting down production! Guess I should have ponied up when they were around. Seeing this review just made me kick myself. Again...

Good review too! Couple of things I picked up on, the parked finish is identical across all of the parts with the exception of the sear pin and hammer pin, the ends of these pins are much darker, as they should be since those were always blued however.. The barrel bushing, the thumb safety, magazine release and slide stop, grip safety, and especially the hammer are usually much harder than the slide and frame and as such will parkerize a much darker color. So, makes me wonder if they are not hardened, or if there is a difference in the hardness of the various parts, and this parkerized finish is not truly parkerizing but a look-alike process that finishes the same regardless of the metallurgy of the base metal.

And that may very well be due to the fact that all of the parts are machined from hammer forged billets of CrMo steel which would not need to be hardened any more than it already is.

The other thing I picked up on is the milling below the barrel link, that groove is much deeper than a standard 1911/1911A1 is milled, which would allow you to custom fit a Lippard style barrel link to this gun *if* you wanted to. Contrary to that thought, the lockup seems tight enough that a Lippard link would not improve groups much if at all over stock, which would definitely be compliment to Tisas for their attention to detail and fitment.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 10-10-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but... I STILL want one of the CZ 1911A1 models they produced before shutting down production! Guess I should have ponied up when they were around. Seeing this review just made me kick myself. Again...
    Didn't Colt do a run of G.I. .45 re-pops sometime back?

Boolit Master

While not a 1911, I did purchase a Tisas Zigana Sport several years ago. Very good trigger, even in DA mode. Fit, finish are excellent, it eats anything I’ve ever fed it with never a hiccup. If their 1911 is anything like it, it’s one heck of a good deal for the money.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    They USED to make a Hi-Power copy. Then they discovered that the 1911 market was a lot larger.

They still list them on their website but I haven't seen them offered for sale for a couple of years.

I read recently that another Turkish maker was entering the Hi-Power market though.

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/09/01...hi-power-clone
    Oh man, gonna have to get me one!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Nice! A couple of nerd points:

They widened the feed ramp on the frame and barrel for hollow points.

They paired up a pre-'43 front sight with a '43 and later rear sight. Round thumbnail front belongs with a U-notch rear. Square notch rear belongs with a serrated ramp square front.

Prior to '44, Colt checkered the MSH. Post '44, the hammers were flat sided.

Soooooooo. . .they probably cloned a Frankengun.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast