Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: The Remarkable Flexibility of the Sig Sauer Micro 9mm P365X

The Remarkable Flexibility of the Sig Sauer Micro 9mm P365X

I bought a 9mm Sig Sauer P365X because it:

1) Has the new 90-degree flat trigger (like the P320 XCompact)
    2) Comes factory ready for a red dot sight (I bought a Holosun HS507K X2 that fits perfectly)
    3) Holds 12+1; two more rounds than the original P365's 10 rounds
    4) Is small, lightweight and easily carried.

I then found out what I can do to "adjust" the pistol to my liking.

First off, I purchased a standard P365 grip module (in coyote) and a couple of smaller mags. Now, by swapping out the grip module, I have a smaller, more compact carry pistol. Cool.

To allow my big hands to grip the smaller frames easier, I added Hogue Handall slip-on rubber grip sleeves. (I did this for my Glock G43 and they really helped.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hogue Handall sleever p365xl.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	289895
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/18417071544...4AAOSwz1peRunq

Now, with the same trigger group I have two completely different 9mm pistols.

Then I found out I can add a manual thumb safety to the same trigger group. This is amazing.

If I don't quite trust the "no external safety" striker-fired configuration of modern pistols, no problem: buy the external safety kit and another grip module with cutouts for the safety.

Thus, with a single trigger group, I now have four different configurations:
    1) My P365X 12-round original purchase, without external safety
    2) The P365 10-round super compact configuration, without external safety
    3) P365X 12-round configuration, with external thumb safety
    4) P365 10-round configuration, with external safety

You can get grip modules in Black, Gray and Coyote colors.

All necessary parts are available directly from Sig, and at reasonable cost.

Safety kit: https://sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer-...fety-parts-kit $44

https://www.sigsauer.com/accessories...cessories.html

External safety install video: https://rumble.com/vmn0bi-how-to-do-...d-removal.html

I must say, I'm impressed with Sig Sauer's modular approach to handguns.

I guess there's a reason the US Army adopted the Sig as its standard sidearm....

My wife has the SAS. She doesn't like the recoil with this compact so now we are in the market for an alternative, and it looks like I will be adopting it. I would like to mention that I have no complaints because I love the feel of this tiny hand smacker.

Boolit Grand Master

I have two 365XL's and both shoot way better than you would expect for a micro compact. Both have the Holosun HS507K X2 since age has made seeing the front sight well a challenge. Unlike most other composite guns if something happens to the non-steel parts they are easily and cheaply replaced.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Bub
    OP (Liberty) and M-tecs

You both added the same red dot to your guns. I'm in the market for a red dot. Any pass along comments on the install an/or use of the Holosun HS507K X2 ??

THX
    LouB

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    OP (Liberty) and M-tecs

You both added the same red dot to your guns. I'm in the market for a red dot. Any pass along comments on the install an/or use of the Holosun HS507K X2 ??

THX
    LouB
    I am color blind so I really wanted green but that was not available are the time. Currently green is a new offering that currently is having a software issues. I have read it shuts down and you have to remove the battery to power up. I also have astigmatism so a lot of the other red dot's look like a comet. The Holosun doesn't have any of those issues for me. The red color they use also works for my color vision issues. Frankly I love this sight. Since I retired I work part-time at a gunshop so I get to look at a lot of red dots.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Very nice to see the grip modules cheap and available. They are a great idea.

Sig P320s were nice but the grip modules were so expensive you might as well buy another gun, plus availability was scarce years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting... So I take it your a fan of the strait trigger ?

I've had my 365 for a while and was thinking of adding the XL to the line up, but the flat trigger completely turned me off.. Maybe it was just the XL example I fondled,, but the trigger was just horrible compaired to my older 365, with lots of gritty travel and like 3 distinct stages before the final mushy break...

Boolit Buddy
    I like mine enough that I have thought of hunting with it 🤪

Boolit Master

I bought the regular ol' P365 with a manual safety and spare 12-round magazines. Then added the Hogue grip sleeve, then a coyote tan frame. Perfect little discreet carry pistol that fits my large hands perfectly, shoots like a larger pistol, and has never had an issue.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Switched to a 365XL from my J-frame about 1.5yrs ago and have no regrets. Its a fantastic little gun and the XL is just right size wise. I have the original version of the Holosun 507K on mine, they had to revise the button design because of a Trijicon lawsuit. I had pre-ordered it almost 9mo prior to release. I have about 8 different Holosun products on other guns and all have been stellar! Really like their products. I have several with high round counts on them, upwards of 20,000+rds as optics on USPSA competition guns. Id prefer a green dot as I am also colorblind, a couple of them are green dots but the red is quite usable. I shot the 365XL as a USPSA gun for about 1000rds before carrying it and another 500rds after I put the 507K on it. Never had any malfunctions or problems with it. I fed it a mish-mash of random hollow points of various weights and power at one point as a test, all good there. The only issue I encountered which is a training issue is that doing a reload on the clock, several times I pinched the snot out of my palm seating the next mag. It will give you a good blood blister if you do that! No fault of the gun, thats on me. I did put a trigger spring kit in mine eventually to lighten it a little. The factory trigger is quite good but I am used to & prefer a lighter trigger. Love the flat trigger, everything I shoot has a flat trigger if possible. The spring kit had no effect on reliability, still 100%. Letting some of my shooting buddies have a go at mine ended with 3 of the guys switching to the 365XL! All of them have been 100% too. Two of these guys also put a 507K on theirs. Fantastic little guns!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I bought the regular 365 a few tears ago for my wife and then stole it from her. First time it has ever worked that way! I just added the flat trigger to mine and like it. Now just need to shoot and test it.
    Tony

Just noticed the “tears” typo. It fits!
    Tony