Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where do you think the price of 22LR ammo will settle?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The manufactures and distributors can raise the price to a buck a round …. And within 20 minutes I can reload 50 smokeless or black powder 22 Long or 22LR rounds under a nickel as long as primed empty cases are available
    Regards
    John

Gotta figure in amortization on your capital investments there, John.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTech View Post
    Doesn't matter that the price drops back to whatever it was if the value of a dollar is reduced to ½, ⅓, or even a ¼ of what it was. Our governments are spending us into bancruptcy, and dismantling any possibility of recovery from it, faster than most people realize.
    Yup. This is truth!
    Scrounging for pb...

USMC 0351

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    The manufactures and distributors can raise the price to a buck a round …. And within 20 minutes I can reload 50 smokeless or black powder 22 Long or 22LR rounds under a nickel as long as primed empty cases are available
    When I looked into it, the cost of the stuff you recommended was over $200. And there was only one source for primed .22 cases. I just checked and cases are not available. If I screwed up the search, let us know where we can purchase them.

I came very close to buying 10k cases after reading one of your posts. After looking at the cost and time required to cast and reload I went down a different path. But loading may still be viable for some.
    Don Verna

Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks for posting that link. At $70/200 plus $122 for the dies that is not cheap. $.35/shot...may as well buy primers at $150/1000 and reload .223's.

I will be doing 95% of my plinking with PCP's. I have stocked up with 20k pellets and can shoot for less than $20/1000. Groups with rifles are under 1" at 50 yards with cheapo pellets. I plan to sell most of the .22LR ammunition inventory and most of my .22 rifles and pistols. Even if .22's drop to $25/brick ($50/1000) plinking with pellets works better for me. No cases to pick up (I shoot off my back porch so cannot leave cases laying around), and no hearing protection required. Not a good solution for most people but works for me.
    Don Verna

More of academic interest than anything. I know there are guys loading .22LR with black powder, too, and breech-seating cast bullets. Not my cuppa tea, but it's interesting to read about.
    Cognitive Dissident

Local Bass Pro HAD CCI small rifle primers for $65 a brick - I bought one that I didn't "need" 3 weeks later road trip to Springfield to meet some friends checked out the original Bass Pro shop lo & behold !! They had CCI SRP on the shelf also!.....$129.99 a brick ! 3 pallets Federal bulk .223 $699.99 per 1000 with NO LIMIT !!! Had what looked like a decent supply of ammo but didn't see a single lb of powder & several guns in stock but prices weren't what I consider decent.
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Boolit Buddy

It is my fear that the price of our hobby is going to very significantly escalate.

Yup. Prices will rise, but wages/salaries/pensions will lag behind.

Finance 101 - During deflation, hold cash, during inflation, hold stuff. Like .22 ammo, brass and lead, primers and powder.
    Cognitive Dissident

I bought 500 Aguila .22LR for $35 today. That's about $3.50 per 50. They also had Norma .22LR for $10 per 50 and I seriously doubt that it's better than the Aguila.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Nobody can say what is going to happen. The only thing for sure is that prices will never be as low as they were.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Nobody can say what is going to happen. The only thing for sure is that prices will never be as low as they were.
    Truer words never spoken. Going to apply to food, clothing, taxes, everyday living expenses.

Boolit Grand Master
    I look for 7-8¢ a round for bulk 22's, 18-25¢ for premium ammo.

inflation may boost these figures by another penny or two if Brandon keeps up the bad work.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    My local Walmart has had Federal 325 packs in stock for $21.16 @ for the last couple of months. That figures to about 6.5 cents per round or about $32.50 per brick.

Somewhere in my basement is an ammo can with a couple of bricks of 22lr ammo I purchased back in the day. One them still has a sticker on it.
    $8 a brick.
    No idea how long that has been.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Somewhere in my basement is an ammo can with a couple of bricks of 22lr ammo I purchased back in the day. One them still has a sticker on it.
    $8 a brick.
    No idea how long that has been.
    I remember paying about $ 8.00 a brick in the mid 1970’s. That was for, Wildcats, Thunderbolts, plain lead bullet ammo.

Jedman

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    I remember paying about $ 8.00 a brick in the mid 1970’s. That was for, Wildcats, Thunderbolts, plain lead bullet ammo.

Jedman
    These would have been Wildcats or the Federal equivalent(lightning?)

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Yup. Prices will rise, but wages/salaries/pensions will lag behind.

Finance 101 - During deflation, hold cash, during inflation, hold stuff. Like .22 ammo, brass and lead, primers and powder.
    This is VERY smart.... I'm not buying anything right now, unless I find it at pre-crazy prices. Also not selling ANYTHING right now!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    well just before everything went crazy a case of 5000 armscor 36 gr copper plated hollow points we've very easy to be had for $139.
    probably when things get back to normal if your wanting to be able to shoot 22's might want to take all this madness as a lesson learned and buy a case or 2 of your favorite brand. times like we are in now make me think real hard about selling just about everything and buying a new airplane.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast