WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where do you think the price of 22LR ammo will settle?

Boolit Buddy
    Stopped at Walmart this weekend got couple boxes of Federal AutoMatch $21 for 325rds box - pretty much pre-craziness days price.

Brownells has SK std 500 rounds for only $89.99 a box. wow, 18 cents a round for 22s.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    Stopped at Walmart this weekend got couple boxes of Federal AutoMatch $21 for 325rds box - pretty much pre-craziness days price.
    I too saw this price and am guilty of taking three.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    That's about double pre craziness price, but with Brandonflation factored in it's not too bad. I've been guilty of paying the $21 price. I thought I had enough 22lr to last me for years till my grandson came to visit. Gotta replenish the stash.
    Last edited by jimlj; 01-28-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Ammoseek says S&B, Winchester, CCI all in the 8.4 to 8.5 cents per round range.

Seems like it could be settling into that area.
    Anything found below that price would seem to me to be a reasonable price and would get bought, by me if possible.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

For the last three weeks local Walmart only had Winchester yellow box for $41+, 325 or330 count, too expensive for me to look at the count again.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

My calculator says that is 12.5 cents ea. And yes I agree, tis a bit rich for my taste also.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    As far as the cheapo Remington/Winchester/Federal 36 grain HP rounds go, I won't pay any more than previous administration prices for them because that is the absolute most they are worth to me. If I'm going to pay the same or more for .22's as I would on my own centerfire reloads, they better be quality 40 grain rounds.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    For the last three weeks local Walmart only had Winchester yellow box for $41+, 325 or330 count, too expensive for me to look at the count again.
    Same here for months now. If you NEED it, they have some, so I guess that's good. But you gotta really want it.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Did it again. Three boxes of federal match 22. bulk 325 pack for 69 bucks. At the moment its cheaper than primers. With pork at over 6 dollars a pound and chicken bringing up 4.86 a pound think I am going to have to start feeding myself more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Did it again. Three boxes of federal match 22. bulk 325 pack for 69 bucks. At the moment its cheaper than primers. With pork at over 6 dollars a pound and chicken bringing up 4.86 a pound think I am going to have to start feeding myself more.
    That is a decent price on .22's.

Boy you are getting hosed on meat!! Just last week there was a sale locally. Chicken leg quarters were $4.99 for a 10 lb bag. Pork chops at $.99/lb. Pork loin at $1.59/lb. Our freezer is stuffed with cheap meat.
    Don Verna

As of yesterday, Cabelas & Walmart here in Louisville, KY had Winchester yellow box Super-X Power Point 40 gr HP's for $40 for the 300 count box. That's over 13 cents a shot...

I'm hoping the price will come down as the mid-term Federal elections approach, but who knows. The cost of ammunition is driving a lot of new shooters away. A sad state of affairs IMHO.

Best regards, Rod
    Rod

That's actually a good price these days for Power Points. Midway is still $15.00/100 plus shipping.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy

Just picked up 3 boxes 325 rnd Federal Auto Match for $21.16 ea.

JSM,
    I've yet to find one of my .22's that didn't perk with Federal Auto-Match: Ruger Standard and NM Single Six, Colt Woodsman Match Tgt, Colt New Frontier, Smith M-18, 63 & 41, and a Colt Diamondback. All do equally well with standard velocity CCI's and Mini-Mags, but Fed Auto-Match is usually a lot cheaper hereabouts. It also cycles Ciener & Advantage Arms upper units for my 1911's. Best Regards, Rod
    Rod

Boolit Buddy
    My concern is what is the quality of the ammo we are getting for those prices. I've been in manufacturing long enough to know that when demand is high, standards can slip. I think the Eley, Lapua, SK quality probably won't suffer much, but I'm not willing to drop big bucks on most American 22 right now. My major use for rimfire is NRA/ISU 50 yd 3-Position. Good match ammo prices really haven't increased that much in relation to blasting ammo prices.

I have 2 simple rules for buying .22lr ammo.

A Don't buy Remington anything ever. (and I was a Remington fanboi)

B Stick with CCI or Federal Champion Auto Match, or if both of those unavailable, go with Armscor from the Phillipene's. Rock Island Armory/Armscor has been good to me.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

praise glorious!

Thunderjams actually shoot well in my non-autoloader rifles. Handguns, fuhgeddabouit.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerShooter View Post
    My concern is what is the quality of the ammo we are getting for those prices. I've been in manufacturing long enough to know that when demand is high, standards can slip. I think the Eley, Lapua, SK quality probably won't suffer much, but I'm not willing to drop big bucks on most American 22 right now. My major use for rimfire is NRA/ISU 50 yd 3-Position. Good match ammo prices really haven't increased that much in relation to blasting ammo prices.
    Just after chinaflu hit I grabbed a bunch of 555 Winchester boxes. I had projectiles without brass, brass without projectiles in other boxes. I even counted them and most where short. The brass was spotted and tarnished. Looked for a person to call and nothing. I think I should of called vista outdoors but honestly just put it in the do not buy ever spot alone with Remington 22s.

Boolit Buddy
    From my experience, CCI Standard and Green Tag are at the bottom end of acceptable for practice ammo. I haven't shot any Winchester that is competition accurate since the old gold box super-X from the '70's. Federal quality varies all over the map. The old Remington Match from the '70's was ok for practice as was the Winchester T-22. I used to shoot lots of Wolf Match Target when it was loaded by SK/Lapua. I have not tried it since it is being loaded by Eley. I got several cases of Eley Sport the last time I was at Camp Perry for Smallbore (08 I think). It was probably the cheapest acceptable practice ammo I have every used. It was loaded in Mexico but it shot pretty well. Good match ammo has always been rediculously (sp) expensive and it still is but at least the accuracy and consistency is there. For plinking, it's hard to beat CCI mini-mags and even CCI Blaser isn't bad at all. I bought lots when it was dirt cheap. The last cases I bought were $155 I think and that was up some.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast