Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linotype score

Boolit Master
    For the coins I vary the thickness to get a variety of weights. When I want to add a precise amount to the pot, I can just pile the them on a scale and add or subtract a few until I hit the target weight. I used to pre weigh and mark the individual coins but find it easier to just grab a random handful and eyeball adding or removing thick or thin.

That floats my boat, but I'm not saying it's wrong to toss a coin or two into the pot until it casts right and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    For the coins I vary the thickness to get a variety of weights. When I want to add a precise amount to the pot, I can just pile the them on a scale and add or subtract a few until I hit the target weight. I used to pre weigh and mark the individual coins but find it easier to just grab a random handful and eyeball adding or removing thick or thin.

That floats my boat, but I'm not saying it's wrong to toss a coin or two into the pot until it casts right and call it good.
    I use my cannonball sinker mold. Can do 1/2-5oz. Makes it easy when I alloying my lead.

Boolit Master
    A range of weights all castable from the same mold? Great idea! How much does a sinker cast from your alloy vary from the nominal weight?

Boolit Buddy
    With the high price of gas/electricity l have very seldom poured ingots. After careful sorting l simply add to my pot as needed while casting. Until the surge in metal prices l have never thought about selling either. l'm glad l have kept my stash in its original form. My only regret is not saving the Zn weights l sorted out. Just read Zn was over $4k/Ton on the London Metal Exchange. That's over $2.00 a POUND

Boolit Master
    Zinc as of today is .15/lb. on iScrap. Pewter is $1.39 and lead shot is $0.39 and wheel weights are $0.26. Lead is up at $0.54.

Boolit Master
    Is that price the offer to buy or sell?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12