RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Standard Double Nine revolver

Right now I am in prep mode for a colonoscopy on Tuesday so I will not get back to where the gun store is until the end of the week. Maybe by then I will have decided not to make a offer or go back and dicker on it ?
    If I do buy it I will get some pics and post them and see how it shoots.

Jedman

Boolit Grand Master
    I must say it takes a lot for this bunch of enabler's to recommend against buying a new gun.

If you want it for a toy; go for it, if you can do the work yourself. If you are going to have to pay someone else to do the labor, I will recommend passing.

I have often said that we need more of the less expensive utilitarian guns such as the H&R/ Iver Johnson revolvers to be manufactured again, and used ones kind of fil that need. But that assumes they work correctly.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think it will still be under the glass the next time you go shopping. Most people just looking for a .22 single action for less than the price of a Single Six are going with a Wrangler or Rough Rider by default.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

As you describe it, I might offer them 1/3 of their asking price.
    If they are offended, then one can walk out the same door they came in, none the worse for wear.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Grand Master
    I have one I inherited from my Dad. It has a long barrel, I think 10", and the typical heavy double action trigger pull. It's quite accurate, and if you didn't know, this same model was used by Charles Manson's follower (Tex Watson?) to kill those victims in the Tate/Labianca murders.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Stopped by the store today. Asked the main guy employee , maybe the owner about the gun and he said the discounted price was because of the double action not working. He says otherwise it would be $ 450- $ 500 and wouldn’t budge at all on the price so I walked away.
    Not really something I would use a lot anyways as I have plenty of guns with iron sights that I can shoot in bright light conditions and I can shoot them OK but don’t hunt with anything without optics of some kind.

Jedman

Boolit Grand Master
    That gun will be there a long time the way he’s priced it. If you are seriously interested in buying it, stop by the shop near the end of the month with cash in hand and offer 60-70% of what he’s asking. If it sells at his asking price before you get back to it, he found a sucker and you missed over paying.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    $4-500 is too much unless it's NIB.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12