Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midway shipping sucks!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have ordered a number of things from MidwayUSA over the past couple of years - never had an issue with not receiving things quickly, so can't complain on that.

However . . . . I do question their packing methods. I blame it on whoever is in charge of their packing department and/or whoever is in charge of training the packers. Many of the items I have received from them have been packed in boxes that were way too large and very poorly cushioned - especially considering the weight of the item - the possibility of the item shucking around in the box if roughly handled during shipment, etc. Shipping bullets as shown by the OP is a good example.

I recently purchased a BP revolver from them - it was put in a very large box - way too big - and whoever packaged jus threw in some of the air pocket cushions. By the time it arrived, it had been shucked around so much that most of the air pocket cushions were ruptured and the box that Ubertyi packs their revolvers in looked like it had gone through a war - banged up box corners - not pretty. The revolver was fine - but my first impression was that whoever packed it had the attitude of "good 'nuff".

Certainly not the quality of packing that I have become accustomed to from such dealers as Titan Reloading, Grafs, NOE Moulds, etc.

Boolit Master
    I have purchased many things from Midway, and I am always satisfied, but I do agree that the shipping department needs some lessons on how to pack a shipping box. 2 layers of air pillows on top of the item, with NO padding underneath is just simply pure laziness.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    I only use Scheels.com for bullets. All through this latest mess, they've managed to have bullets in stock.
    If only they sold primers.
    They do sell primers. They can't keep them in stock.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    They do sell primers. They can't keep them in stock.
    I looked and apparently they do not sell them online. I saw no option for ordering them on the website. If I am wrong I would be happy to know.

Have bought from Midway many times. Frequently dissatisfied with their packaging techniques.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JCM45 View Post
    Have bought from Midway many times. Frequently dissatisfied with their packaging techniques.
    Agree, especially with their "Free" shipping. That stuff always seems to come in the bubble wrap envelope no matter what it is. So far, everything has arrived safely although a few of the original product boxes things were in are sometimes beat up a bit.

Boolit Bub
    I'm sorry to hear of this. Being located where I am (AK) crappy shipping/packing is almost the norm. But I can say that I've never had that issue with Midway. I've received over 12 packages from them in last 6 months, all were very well packed, and tightly sealed.
    bushman

Boolit Master
    I have had some shipping mishaps with Midway before, but they will make things right. On the gouging, if their price is too high, just buy from another vender, I don't think the "gouging" laws pertain to hobby supplies. They are my first option for supplies I can't source locally. Even when I am retired, I am sure I won't count bullets...boxes of 100 or 1,000. If I lived closed, I would give the op a dozen cast & PCed boolits to help him out....after all, don't they advertise those plated bullets to be loaded to lead boolit velocities? Thought I remember that from a couple decades ago when I used to buy handgun boolits.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Banned

I stopped doing buisiness with Midway about 20 years ago, they goy royally stupid on an order of mine and that was after watching them get progressively worse over several years.

Darn shame, back in the pre-internet days when they'd send out the paper "Truck Load Sale" papers, I loved them and did a an order just about every month with them. Classic case of getting too big for their own good.

Natchez and Graffs now. Better luck with both of them.

Boolit Master
    You do realize help is hard to find and good help is impossible to find and working for bean counters at (Larry's) is not exactly one of the higher paying jobs ! Anything shipped into todays market ,your lucky to get it ,complaining about packing is laughable , think thank you for finding my home and in the same month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed

Boolit Master

I would complain to Midway cause we won't help you for sure.

Call MIDWAY duh

Unfortunately with the labor shortages I think we will see more of this sort of thing. Definitely not right .

Boolit Grand Master

I DID, contact Midway's Customer service. Their response was "were sorry your order was packed improperly" and an $.84 refund?
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    Midway's shipping has always been good for me.

Boolit Grand Master

Dissatisfied with a seller ... do something meaningful ... Don't buy from them .
    That hits them where it hurts ... a business that doesn't sell goes belly up .
    Put them out of business .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Ive never had a complaint about how quickly Midway gets orders shipped to me. Usually the product arrives within 1 week, which is great.

Definitely have to agree about the packing being sub par though. My last order from them was 2 boxes of .500 350gr Hornady XTPs and some mtm ammo boxes for 50beowulf. There was only one strip of the air bubble packing in the box. The bullet boxes had been banging around in the box and cracked/damaged 3 of the mtm ammo boxes.

I sent pictures to them of the damaged ammo boxes and they promptly shipped me 4 new boxes. So I got one for free!

It seems they try to make things right so I commend their customer service for that effort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12