Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midway shipping sucks!

Boolit Grand Master

Midway shipping sucks!

I have been ordering products from Midway for a number of years, starting when they only had a small PAPER catalog. Recently I was surfing the web for 10mm/.40 cal. bullets and saw that Midway had a good price on Berry's Plated bullets so I went ahead and ordered a thousand. I have got to say that what I received was probably put together by a crippled monkey.

The box (MFRB) arrived with NO indication of external damage. However when I opened it I saw this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mid1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	289446

The small box on the lower right has a small tag that indicates it hold 1000 bullets (no way) and the styrofoam was just thrown on top, which let the LOOSE bullets wear, adding the little white styro balls to mix with the bullets.

To add insult to injury, there were only 992 bullets in the box (YES, I counted them).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mid2.jpg  
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Have you talked to them about the problem? I ordered some 9mm ammo for my youngest a few months back, and UPS delivered someplace other than my house. Midway refunded my money immediately, and I keep getting email from them warning me that the batch of ammo they shipped to me has been recalled. So they are at least trying. Got nothing to loose by trying, and you can send the photos you took to support the fact that there was a problem. https://www.midwayusa.com/help/ they have phone numbers, live chat, and email as contact options.

Bill

They need to hear about this. I never had problems with their shipping. But lots of people have no clue how to ship anything. Maybe new help? But anyway, they need to hear from you.

I've never had any problems with them, but I'd let them know about this and maybe they'll pack the heavier stuff a little better.

Of all my shipping issues, the problems have always been with stuff that was rather heavy for its (small) size.
    If its small enough to be thrown, and heavy enough to bust up the packaging when it lands,,,
    that's the perfect recipe for damaged boxes.

Oh, on those bulk packs of bullets or something, they usually don't count them like medicine.
    At best, they are dumped into a box on a scale and brought up to a specified weight.
    Or, the small stuff is dumped in, and the packer goes, "That looks about right".

Years ago, I got a box of 1,000 .45, 230gr, hardball, bulk packed for a good deal.
    Ran them through the process along with a full box of primers.
    After seeing I had 300 or so bullets left over,,,,, I went back and bought the other boxes of them they had.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I recently purchased 1K 22 cal fmj bullets and had them delivered to a friend in VA. The box appeared to be intact upon arrival, but the box of bullets had been packed for the trip with those little air pillows. The original box of bullets had gaped at the seams and was dribbling bullets inside the box and perhaps elsewhere. Not knowing if there was a loss of contents, my friend had to count them to be sure it was close to 1K.

I notified Midway and got a reply. At least they did not use those worthless air pillows for your shipment so maybe they are figuring it out. Heavy items need substantial packing and sealing.

Thank you for reaching out to MidwayUSA’s President & CEO Matt Fleming. While Matt personally answers many of the emails which come to Presidential comments, occasionally he asks for some help to ensure each Customer gets answered in a timely manner. Matt has asked me to follow up with you on his behalf.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience regarding this order. We certainly don't want this to be how our orders are arriving. If it is determined that bullets have been lost, please let us know.

In the meantime, we are documenting this issue to make sure we can improve our process in the future. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

On Behalf of Matt,

Thanks for Your Business,

Michael
    MidwayUSA Customer Service

Bulk sold by weight, not count.

I've always had a good experience with their shipping. It usually arrives before they predict that it will. I'd tell them about the problem and send them your photos. I'm sure they'll make it right and give someone some additional training.

DG

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 243winxb View Post

The issue is if you advertise 1000 it should be at least 1000. If you want to sell 2lbs and say approximately 1000 that's different. When I say I am selling 100 or 500 of something on this forum that is what people expect to get. Why should Midway be different?

Boolit Master

I agree, bulk count by weight, but you paid for 1k. I would ask for the additional bullets they shorted you. Of course if the entire box wasnt taped, they could be rolling around on a post office floor somewhere. Still...their mistake.

Boolit Master

Starline always includes an extra 3-5 pieces of vrass per 1K.

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

Same thing happened to me. I bought 4 boxes of bulk 32 wadcutters and all four boxes burst open in shipping.

What really made it bad was the styrofoam packing was ground up into little teeny tiny bits.

I used a vacuum to remove the white bits while stirring the bullets.

I sent photos to Midway suggesting they use strapping tape on the boxes.

They apologized and sent me a complimentary box of bullets properly taped for shipment.

Cheers,

Dave

Midway is not responsible for bullet count the original manufacturer is. Call Berry they are the ones that short packed the box.

Poor packing in Midway's fault. Fortunately when I ordered from them in the past the bulk packed Berry 500 - 325gr 50 cals came just fine with the box intact and so did the 1000 - 40 cals.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 243winxb View Post
    They may be counted by weight but they are sold by count. No free pass.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BK7saum View Post
    Starline always includes an extra 3-5 pieces of vrass per 1K.
    Not always, they were short on one. I'm trying to remember but I think the last order put me close to even.

Ordered a 1 1/8 Jackhammer Steel (pointy business end) and got an empty box except for a couple flattened air bags. First day on the packing job?
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 09-30-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

The pictures might not tell the whole story, but to me, I don't see that Midway did too bad. It appears they stuffed the box in the corner of their shipping box, and filled the rest of the space pretty good with Styrofoam. Am I seeing that wrong?

As far as I can tell, Berry's is to blame here, both for a short count, and for using a box and tape that couldn't handle 1000 bullets shifting around.

Boolit Master

Gone are the days when Sierra put 101 in a box. Guess they were trying to make up for the 99 that Speer put in their boxes.

YES, midway shipping sucks. Pay for cheap labor get poor results. Daughter bought me a dozen cans of chili not sold here. Got a box with 8 dented and 0ne burst can, no packing materials. And they left it on the sidewalk, 40ft from the front door.

We all have horror stories about shipping from just about everybody selling every thing.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master
    Haven't bought anything from middleway for a long time.
    Their shipping prices are way to high.
    They will ship flat rate to us, but charge a EXTRA HANDLING charge because I'm in hawaii.
    Used to buy everything from them.
    Will never buy from them again.

I have quit Midway because they are gouging on several items. Supposed to be our shooting friends but will take the opportunity to screw their friends. Down here in Florida it is Illegal to gouge during distress. Doesn't apply to Midway! Too many quality vendors for the practice to flourish.
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The pictures might not tell the whole story, but to me, I don't see that Midway did too bad. It appears they stuffed the box in the corner of their shipping box, and filled the rest of the space pretty good with Styrofoam. Am I seeing that wrong?

As far as I can tell, Berry's is to blame here, both for a short count, and for using a box and tape that couldn't handle 1000 bullets shifting around.
    Is that a Berry's box? i have not ordered from Berry's, but have ordered enough bulk bullets from Midway to see that they repackage a lot of bulk bullets themselves. If that is a Berry's packages box then yeah, Berry's has some fault in this as well.

Boolit Master
    I only use Scheels.com for bullets. All through this latest mess, they've managed to have bullets in stock.
    If only they sold primers.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast