RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Having problems, any chance someone can 3d print a couple things for me?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

Having problems, any chance someone can 3d print a couple things for me?

Managed to tweak a knee so I am not getting around well, so I am not doing well at a number of things, one being finishing the 3d printer here.

Is anyone able to print a few things for me and ship them to me, I pay shipping and a reasonable amount for your filament / time?

(And/or I could design you whatever you want as part of the payment, some things take longer and some are simple, it depends how complex the item is. The 10/22 stock for example isn't quite ready yet but a "ultra light" print of it would help, or I can do it later. Might try a quick print of my shot capsule for 357 or 44 or 45, an electronics tester case, the trimmer pilots block, and maybe the custom dipper design, if you wanted some of those it's not hard to make custom STLs )

If no one can, I'll just be patient and work on getting my knee to heal up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShotcupB.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	289373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShotcupT.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	289374

Creatify Ender-3 V2, these are bits and bobs for organization and fixing other problems, most small but a few larger.

One is a big holder for med blocks, thats the lowest priority one; A friend was over, doing recyclables, and grabbed that box and cut it up before I noticed, ack! So now they can get knocked onto the floor by the cat, scattering pills about

The printer is close to done, but cannot get to the box of parts right now -goes nuts!- I am a side sleeper and my leg slid off the edge of the mattress and was hanging out into space, the sideways load on the knee joint is not good, at all!

Boolit Master

PM sent

This forum has a nifty but limited attachment capability, that allowed me to attach a zip file full of .stl files that others can easily download. But as I said it appears to be limited and quickly fills up. Mine's full already and won't allow me to share .stl files anymore. The worst part is that it doesn't allow you to erase anything no longer needed.....which is weird.

I say this because if you have any space in yours attachments left you could put the .stl's you need printed on a .zip file, so we can download it and maybe choose a file or more to print for you.

You being a moderator, may have some more lee way.....

The point is you may get more volunteers from the rank and file here if we could see what you need.....the stls.....

Wish you and your knee well!.....may it get better soon!
    Last edited by GWS; 10-01-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Pm me if you still need someone and you’re ok with PETG.

Bulldogger - PM returned.

GWS - I can email things, probably will put the stls up on thingiverse if they will tell me why they won't let me log in! Can just make another account there though, so far I've asked and they have quite successfully ignored me. I'd just prefer to keep my user name. I can put files up on a company web site (I work with the owner, they're 2A friendly and all.) or a lot of other cloud-type services (3GB free on many of those.)

Dsltech1 - PETG is flexible IIRC? One thing - a cup cover, would be great in it, then. Get fruit flies here, getting some help on that soon.

Bulldog was nice enough to offer to print some but has to look at the list and decide how many is enough, burnout isn't anything I need here.

Cut off Jig, 300 AAC BO {& have 45 acp shotshell jig and 44 AMP jigs as well}

Name:	CutoffJgs.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	289514
    Component_Tester box (So i don't kill it with static) 4"x5"x1.3" iirc?

Name:	CompTest.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	289515
    Shotcup (If someone wants to test these that can be arranged, maybe 6 or so for my testing in 45 colt?

Name:	ShotcupB.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	289512 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShotcupT.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	289513
    Cup_Cover (4" x 0.5", flexible is great, sorry for the odd colors on the render)

Name:	CupCover.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	289516
    Marlinspikes (2 and a FID for 550 type iii paracord, tiny)

Name:	marlinspikes.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	289517
    Percussion Cap models for #10 and #11 caps (to try using for firing caplocks)

Name:	PercCaps.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	289518
    FAKit (A little holder for tweezers etc.)

Name:	FAKit.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	289519
    Laptop_LEDs clips onto the top of a laptop's lid to light up your keyboard, 11" x 1" x 1" or so

Name:	LapLEDs.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	289520
    TrimPilots holder to hold those so the cat doesn't vanish them... (The colored model pilots won't be there, just holes, using them to get everything found and bought. Just the .500 rifle one left and don't need it yet.)

Name:	TrimPilots.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	289521
    Custom_Dipper Makes any size dipper with the volume in CCs printed on the handle, for Lee Loaders etc.

Name:	Custom_Dipper.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	289522
    MedBlocks Holder for some med blocks I use to keep on schedule, largest of these items. xmax 6.195" ymax 7.16625" zmax 6.40185"

Name:	MedBlockHolder.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	289523

(Trust me, there are more items, 55+ total so far, these are just the "dang I wish I had that NOW" items.)

Paying for filament, your time, shipping is fine, I am just not rich so don't price your time at $100/minute please LOL

I'll work on getting the stls up somewhere, tomorrow.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4980969/files for the cutoff jigs, thingiverse is being an absolute pill tho, trying to put up more of these files on my projects page there, https://www.thingiverse.com/mr_sheesh/designs. Maybe Firefox no likie that page? I can try Chrome...

thingiverse is being a real pill - Logs me out and changes my password every hour or so?

Boolit Master
    Thingiverse has been hit or miss for me. My Mini Factory hosted my Marlin Model 60 flashlight holder no problem though, you might try that.

I have just started self-hosting this kind of file on my personal OneDrive space...
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

I just would like a place where others can get at these, for now I can email stl files.

Thought I was getting better but knees got suddenly worse as I was out on a short trip today, can I go nuts now? :/

With as many of these as you have, a dropbox subscription might work well for you.. You can give other folks a link to a folder or the whole thing and put passwords on it. I wouldn't waste my time with thingiverse, even though I peruse and print stuff from there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Another possibility would be to put them up on a Raspberry Pi on the LAN here and let folks download them from there? Trying to keep costs down, somethinng suitable will show up

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Another possibility would be to put them up on a Raspberry Pi on the LAN here and let folks download them from there? Trying to keep costs down, somethinng suitable will show up
    I am a huge fan of Office 365. We have the Family plan, which gets us 5 seats of Office with 1TB of cloud storage EACH, and only $100 per year. It's absolutely a no brainer even if you use nothing but the cloud storage space. A Personal subscription is only $70 per year, with the same perks.

After struggling with image and file hosting services that don't last or fill up (I HATE threads filled with images you can't see anymore), I just made a OneDrive folder which I am using henceforth to host things I post here...
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.