WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goex Closing - press release

GOEX .. reviving.. there's

A bit of poking around tonite on the matter of GOEX, future of; 1 each.
    We found out early this year that Estes Energetics acquired GOEX, and not much since. Or more precisely, I haven't seen anything for a while ...

Two items of interest I came across tonight this time which are a bit of good news I think:

1) From June of this year (2022) on a Facebook post of 'I Love Muzzleloading', (On FB, go to 'I Love Muzzleloading' and search posts for "GOEX") (FB Link) The report indicates production on track, shipments Q1, 2023?
    2) Another post there or on Instagram by the same author lead to this August 10, 2022 release, https://www.defense.gov/News/Release...critical-prop/

Anyway. I thought putting an update on this wouldn't hurt.

Have a good one

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Thanks!
    I hadn't made it past this thread before running the Google..
    Darned good news by any measure...

I have shot BP for a long, long while. It just keeps getting more and more complicated, in every direction, very much on purpose. Once they split BP off from smokeless, BP became the low hanging fruit, an explosive in every liberal article, film, vid, etc. Next it will be switched from one list to another for importing.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Mold
    I got an email today... Buffalo Arms is now accepting orders for Goex expected to ship in June/July...

Boolit Master
    I have not seen any musket caps for sale for long time either. If I see some black powder I will buy some since I do own a couple older cartridge guns that can handle it and do have a couple cap lock rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I have not seen any musket caps for sale for long time either. If I see some black powder I will buy some since I do own a couple older cartridge guns that can handle it and do have a couple cap lock rifles.
    Powder valley has them listed right now.
    https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...s-4-wing-1000/
    They have Swiss and Schuetzen in stock also.... Get it while you can.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    Powder valley has them listed right now.
    https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...s-4-wing-1000/
    They have Swiss and Schuetzen in stock also.... Get it while you can.
    Thanks
    CCI U.S. Musket Caps 4-Wing (1000)
    SKU: CCI0301
    Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings
    (3 customer reviews)

$120.00

Boolit Master
    Musket caps here ...$25 /100 ...although in proper money thats about $15US.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Thanks
    CCI U.S. Musket Caps 4-Wing (1000)
    SKU: CCI0301
    Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings
    (3 customer reviews)

$120.00
    CCI winged caps are well regarded as junk, reenactor grade at best. If possible seek out RWS caps for the best consistency and precision.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Road_Clam View Post
    CCI winged caps are well regarded as junk, reenactor grade at best. If possible seek out RWS caps for the best consistency and precision.
    The problem is there is very little choice. There are no RWS to be found is what I am thinking. I am surprised that CCI caps have such a low rating.

Boolit Master
    I found the CCI-300s are pretty good. The ones marked “Re-Enactor” don’t have the oomph to negotiate the two right angle turns in a Sharps percussion replica.

But they’re weak enough so they don’t fly to pieces when the hammer strikes, and I guess they can do one right angle and ignite a blank charge in a rifle-musket. The re-enactor can spare his uniform sleeve and maybe not have to wear safety glasses while he re-enacts. Unfortunately for real shooters, the re-enactors are a big part of the musket cap market.

I prowl the Gun Shows for partial or full tins of RWS, CCI-300 and Navy Arms musket caps. Are the Replica Arms (Made in England) musket caps any good?

Here is a link I found might help https://mainepowderhouse.com/news/
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Adaptors for shotshell primers. I have 209 shotshell primers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 08-54-02 MAG-SPARK™ for instant ignition of all powders and propellants.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	313958
    MAG-SPARK™ Description

Manufactured by Hubbard's Outdoor Products, MAG-SPARK™ is the most innovative improvement to muzzle loading since the rifled barrel. It fits your rifle in place of the percussion nipple and uses inexpensive, readily available SHOTSHELL PRIMERS for instant ignition of all powders and propellants. No more misfires, slowfires or dangerous hangfires. Works in any weather, with any propellant. Shotshell primers provide abundant fire to burn the propellant charge-completely. EVERY TIME!! This makes for consistent velocities, which makes for tighter groups (Also reduces flinching).

Unique Made in USA products for the outdoorsmanAnother important feature of the shotshell primer is that it is made with a rim, or flange, making it impossible to be put in upside down or sideways. This is not true with rifle or pistol primers. If you have ever tried to use them, you already know this. Moreover, rifle and pistol primers stick when fired. Have you ever tried to get one out in time for another shot? Forget it!!. You CAN remove the shotshell primer from the MAG-SPARK™, because of the rim feature.

Made of stainless steel, the MAG-SPARK™ features a hardened firing pin, and is intended to last for a lifetime of normal use. Nothing, not even an expensive in-line rifle can deliver the reliability of a MAG-SPARK™ equipped rifle. It is FULLY GUARANTEED, INEXPENSIVE, EASY TO INSTALL, LOOKS GOOD ~ AND IT WORKS.

Guys these are RWS and hot as Hades and available in 1000 and 5000 lots

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/28966

Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12