Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: What’s the difference between Tasco Sportsman and Tasco world class currently offered

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

What’s the difference between Tasco Sportsman and Tasco world class currently offered

I had a Golden Antler TV screen 4x gloss scope of bought new in 1995’. The crosshairs fell apart shooting it a few months back. Tasco told me to send it in to replace the crosshairs under warranty even though it was an optic built before the Bushnell buy out. With a pre authorization from Bushnell Customer service I boxed it up and USPS’d Bushnell for $13. I was told that would be an easy fix on their part to replace the crosshairs in it. If they couldn’t they’d send me a replacement optic since it had a life time warranty and I bought it new. Bushnell sent my same scope back not repaired about a month later with a note saying that the repair would exceed the value of the scope. I called back and after a long conversation was told to throw away my old optic. Bushnell said they would send a replacement as originally promised If my scope wasn’t repairable. They were going to send back a 4x to replace it. I was told it wasn’t the rimfire model ( but it was after I called the other day to confirm) The replacement scope has been on back order the whole time. I called a few days back and reconfirm ed it would have been a “rimfire” scope they were going to send. I asked for any other straight 4x scope options since it came of an H&R 223 at the time. I was asked if I wanted a sportsman 3-9, world class 3-9, or a world class 4-12. I picked the 4-12 world class but it’s on back order through the end of October as well. So my question is WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between the world class and the sportsman series? Especially between the 4-12 models? The Bushnell rep couldn’t even tell me. Other then reading the descriptions the world class is an ounce or 2 heavier and a hair longer. I don’t care about the weight and length. I would like to know which one is more durable, has better glass, and thinner crosshairs. Looks like both have a 100 yards parallax. So I’m guessing there is probably zero difference other than they used two different sized scope tube bodies between the Sportman and World class??? They did send me a 6-24 sportsman by accident to replace a 2.5-20 varminter. I have to say the glass is bright and clear! It’s also clear all the way to 24x. I had and sold a NIB varmint 6-24 that was fuzzy past 16x. So the modern sportsman was was huge improvement in glass. I know years ago the world class was the top of there line but now I think all their scopes are about the same inside and out? Anyways, it will be used for a rimfire now to plink with since I found a scope for the mean time.

…and yes I know Tasco optics are cheap price leaders so I’m hoping comments are to my question “what’s the difference between the two lines” without getting off track of some other brand recommendations. I have many, many optics I’ve paid four digits for. This will be used for one of my guns (303 lee enfield sporter, rimfires, or air rifles) that will probably get little use.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-28-2021 at 10:27 AM.