RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, September 28

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, September 28

Good morning all. Forward in God's word, ever forward. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, September 28, 2021- Pastor Greg Laurie
    For Heaven's Sake

“You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created”
    —Revelation 4:11

Peter Marshall, the former chaplain to the United States Senate, once said, “The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration but its donation.”

We spend so much time thinking about how to live longer. We can do all the things that are supposedly good for us, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But the key is not duration but donation.

What are you doing with the life that God has given you?

We don’t know how many years we have ahead of us. So we need to constantly remind ourselves of why we’re here on Earth and what we’re supposed to be doing.

The book of Revelation tells us there’s a song in Heaven that says, “You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created” (Revelation 4:11 NKJV).

We’re here to glorify God and to bring forth spiritual fruit. We’re not here to chase happiness or to bring glory to ourselves. We’re not here to run after nothingness.

So what are you doing for the sake of Heaven? What are you doing with your life?

My concern is that a lot of people are living their lives in trivial pursuit. They’re chasing after trivial things instead of asking, “What can I do with the life that God has given me?”

Some people are willing to take risks for the kingdom of God. They’re willing to step out in faith and see what the Lord will do. Others are more careful and cautious. They’ll serve the Lord, but they don’t want to leave their comfort zones.

Some people are setting the world on fire while others are still looking for a match. You determine which of those two groups you will belong to. God doesn’t determine it; you do.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

It's not what I want to do for God! It's what God wants to do with me, and am I willing to go along? I believe it is a mistake to think that all Christians should 'set the world on fire'. God has most of us doing mundane things in the trenches, and looking to Him for the result. That is the pattern throughout the Bible, there are a few who God has leading but most of us are followers, and should be.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

USMC 77, USRA 79

i ammmm Willing... send me.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen, To who shall I go. Lord send me!