RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Austen and Halleck inline

Boolit Master

Austen and Halleck inline

My Godson picked up one of these a couple years back. He has hunted with it several times and shot it some but not a lot. Last weekend while loading the 209 primer the gun went off when he closed the bolt. Just wondering if anyone had this problem with one of these. Austen and Halleck is out of business so no contacting the factory on this issue.
    We tried to reproduce the issue and it was sporadic, sometimes the bolt would follow and sometimes not. It is pretty unsettling not knowing if the rifle is going to AD when you close the bolt.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

It sounds like the striker isn't catching on the sear as the bolt is closed, whether from wear or uneducated fiddling with the trigger mechanism.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    My Godson picked up one of these a couple years back. He has hunted with it several times and shot it some but not a lot. Last weekend while loading the 209 primer the gun went off when he closed the bolt. Just wondering if anyone had this problem with one of these. Austen and Halleck is out of business so no contacting the factory on this issue.
    We tried to reproduce the issue and it was sporadic, sometimes the bolt would follow and sometimes not. It is pretty unsettling not knowing if the rifle is going to AD when you close the bolt.

Bob
    Sounds like the 209 was a little proud /dirty breech plug and/or sticky firing pin (again dirty) could be a cause , try a thorough cleaning/Ed