WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with NOE sizer

Here's my mould but it shows 2 different type top punches, SAECO and Lyman, I have RCBS. Clearly I'm missing something, or I'm an idiot.
    You are not a Idiot, so you are missing something. The top punches you note are for your mould. There are 2 options for this top punch. One to work with a Seaco type sizer or one to use with a Lyman 450/RCBS LAM type sizer. This top punch will not work with a Lee push thru die as they feed nose first. If you buy this top pinch it will fit the nose profile of bullets cast from this mould.

On your list in post #15 you do not need the "top punch holder" it comes as part of the "001 Push Through Size Die Body" and since you say you have a push rod they you should be set.

I just seated 160 GC nose first on a 312115 bullet thru the NOE sizer this weekend with on problems. Just be sure to lube them good even if you have already PD them.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

Call NOE early in the morning , start @ 6:30 AM . I heard Al leaves the office and goes into the shop at 7:00 AM ... catch him early .
    Join the NOE Forum , ask questions and request help , leave your phone # and ask for someone to call you .
    Don't give up just yet ... this pandemic has everything messed up .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Thanks. At the moment it's on hold, though if the website had been more informative I'd have dropped the hammer on it. I want to do more GCs the way I'm doing them. But that requires me to cast more boolits. I'm workin' on that. Lots stuff needs to happen first. Life isn't simple, I wish it was.

Boolit Mold
    "I don't even know if I need a GC, but I get a lot less lead shaving when seating the bullet with a GC in place."

I hate to point this out, but IF the above is true, THEN the case mouth is not sufficiently belled.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    NOE has a wide variety if case expanders that work well. They expand the case to two dimensions a little oversized so the boolit starts easy without shaving then necks down to tight fit you are looking fore. They are much better than Lee’s universal tapered sizers.

I never knew such a thing existed for bottle neck cartridges (300BLK). Thanks gents!

I'll need to do that in a separate operation I would assume. After decapping and sizing in the Dillon, expand the case mouth, then put it back in the rotation on the Dillon, skipping the sizing/decapping, and straight to powder charge. Maybe no GC at all.

Boolit Mold
    NOE has a area on the forum for YouTube videos to step you through a lot of the items they build. You can do a search on YouTube for fullleadtaco as he does a lot of reviews for NOE.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12