WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: 32 special brass into 30-30

32 special brass into 30-30

Hello,i recently purchased a 1905 Winchester model 94 in 30wcf and would like to use it this deer season. As we all know ammo/brass is scarce right now. I found a couple dozen 32 special cases and would like to know if i can size them down to 30-30 cases. I've typed this query in multiple variations on google/swiss cows/duck duck go and it always transposes the question to 30-30 into 32 special. Would anyone here know if this is feasible? My concern would be neck tension on the bullet. I'm planning on using the Lee .30 caliber 170 grain bullet mold w/gas check. Thank you.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Boolit Master
    Yes, that's an easy transition. I'd check cartridge length afterward, trim 'em uniform.

Thank you sir,appreciate the help.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Boolit Grand Master

You may need to trim after as the case may lengthen sizing down. I would also check neck thickness after. But with good lube it should be a pass thru 30-30 properly set sizer and done.

Thank you sir. This is one of those times i'm glad i took the time to pick up odd brass cases for guns i don't own when it was plentiful on the ground at my club.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    If it’s 32 special headstamped cases, I would trade it for 30/30 cases rather than size them down, trade em to someone who needs those head stamps, but that’s just me. Good luck and good shooting.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    If it’s 32 special headstamped cases, I would trade it for 30/30 cases rather than size them down, trade em to someone who needs those head stamps, but that’s just me. Good luck and good shooting.
    This. Why make something common out of something uncommon. If you need .30-30 brass, let me know, I'll swap you some for that .32 Special brass.

Boolit Master
    ive resized them both ways before without even knowing it when brass was sorted hastily. but I use imperial sizing wax it makes the brass go though sizing die easier anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    This. Why make something common out of something uncommon. If you need .30-30 brass, let me know, I'll swap you some for that .32 Special brass.
    Hello sir,I would prefer to use 30-30 brass and would be willing to trade if you are so inclined. I have 16 pieces to trade,they are headstamped Hornady. If you have some that you'd be willing to sell i'd be interested in that as well. I'm looking for 100 pieces.
    Thank you.
    ​Je suis Charlie