RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite revolver for 38 Special?

Dale I have the Pachmayrs on my two smithsm a 686 and a Model 10. Love them!

Tale Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Dale I have the Pachmayrs on my two smithsm a 686 and a Model 10. Love them!

Tale Care

Bob
    I agree on the Pachmayr grips. All my S&W revolvers wear them.
    Grips are a very personal thing since very few people have the same size hands and fingers.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I always found the Pachmayrs hampered concealment and have always favored the round- bottomed, "plainclothes" service stocks with grip adapter.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC15255.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	289859

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I always found the Pachmayrs hampered concealment and have always favored the round- bottomed, "plainclothes" service stocks with grip adapter.
    I have a round butt model 60 with a 3 inch barrel for concealed. I have Pachmayr grips on it too. They are smaller than the ones for the K frames but still allow for a controlled grip. The original grip left my little finger hanging in space and I didn't like that. I never felt like I had control of the revolver.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    I have only one 38spl gun now and is my favourite...a 5" Model 10 Smith. Of my L frames I do have a 105.14" barreled Model 686 No Dash which is the shortest barreled gun I can legally own up here. Apparently anything 105MM or less barreled guns are Baby killers. Stupid gun laws.

Take Care

Bob
    When I read that my first thought was "boy, that's custom" then realized you were in Canada.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The " symbol kinda threw me off too :P 105" = ~2.7 meters that's not a snub nose revolver!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackay Sagebrush View Post
    My 4" Model 15 is my favorite,

but I would take a 5" Model 15 in a heartbeat!
    That gun is half-naked.

Show some decency and put a grip-adapter on it.

Boolit Bub
    I bought S&W 586-4 6" with factory installed(?) Hogue monogrip that have S&W logo stamped in it..
    Sure gonna shoot 38 Specials and 357 loaded down most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    The " symbol kinda threw me off too :P 105" = ~2.7 meters that's not a snub nose revolver!
    My topping laeves alot to be diseried as does my spelting. LOL Edited post. I am guessing the additional length arose when S&W modified the guns to correct the cylinder gap issues the guns had. As a result oif the mods the CS guns have to be the shortest productio legal guns up here. Pokes a finger in Trudeaus eye.

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 10-10-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    That gun is half-naked.

Show some decency and put a grip-adapter on it.
    I've had great results with my Tyler T-Grip. I hope that they have increased production speed because they had taken over 3 months to get my T-Grip in their hands, but they had been like many others greatly affected by the pandemic at large. However, the T-Grip I have received has been nothing but outstanding.

Another great option that I have had good results with is a Houge Monogrip. They do actually sell them for Square butt K-Frames like your own. The comfort is excellent and it makes the pleasant recoil of .38 Special even more so. Sure, it's a burden on the looks department, and bulkier than the other grips on offer, but I'm very happy with it as an alternative.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201117_045206495_iOS.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	290136

1974 K38 combat masterpiece. 1st firearm I shot as a child of 8. Still have it though a bit worn since I shot it in 1976.
    It don't make much sense that commonsense don't make no sense nomore

If you died today would you have lived your life or have you simply existed

Boolit Buddy

S&W Model 10, 4" barrel. Compact, light, fixed sights - doesn't get any simpler, and nothing is more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill*B View Post
    S&W Model 10, 4" barrel. Compact, light, fixed sights - doesn't get any simpler, and nothing is more reliable.
    I would favour the Model 10 as well but not for reliability necessarily. A high primer or mud and our revolvers are clubs. For absolute reliability most of the striker fired polymer guns would be my choice. Pretty much all modern handguns are now reliable when clean and well fed.

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 11-16-2021 at 04:26 PM.

This is Dad's and it gets fed 5 to1 .38 special over .357 magnum. It's a bit angry with magnums, not fun at all. But it's great as a thirty eight.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 10-24-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill*B View Post
    I have a model 13 with a 4" barrel. I would like to have a model 10 but I would not be improving anything. This one shoots to point of aim.

Texas by God-----I have a S&W model 60 three inch that fits that bill for me. Mine is 38 only though so I don't need to worry about the recoil.

I’ve been carrying my Ruger BH 357/9mm from I believe 1974 for several years in the woods packed with 38spl stuffed with Lyman 358429 cast from WW and I’ve been just happy with punch, minimal recoil and accuracy, until this spring when I stumbled upon a S&W 14-3 in 6” and now this beat up old 14-3 with the same 358429 is my go to. Love love love the super light crisp trigger with zero take up in single action, accuracy is on par with my Ruger. Always have been a SA guy but this 14-3 is pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gnome72 View Post
    I’ve been carrying my Ruger BH 357/9mm from I believe 1974 for several years in the woods packed with 38spl stuffed with Lyman 358429 cast from WW and I’ve been just happy with punch, minimal recoil and accuracy, until this spring when I stumbled upon a S&W 14-3 in 6” and now this beat up old 14-3 with the same 358429 is my go to. Love love love the super light crisp trigger with zero take up in single action, accuracy is on par with my Ruger. Always have been a SA guy but this 14-3 is pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Be careful. Those S&W K frame revolvers are addictive.

I've had a few come and go, but I think my favorite was a 6" SW 586 with the target sights.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Red Dot or 700-X for regular loads. Unique for anything that needs to go much faster.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast