Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Busy night at work... Gang shooting this morning nearby.

Boolit Master

Busy night at work... Gang shooting this morning nearby.

I heard the whole thing play out on the police scanner. My company campus is about 1/4 mile away from the park where it happened. We could hear the music from the massive party when we stepped outside.

This sort of thing is no big deal in the cities, but this is a town of 35,000 with maybe one murder a year.

Listening to it happen live on the scanner was interesting. Police recovered a Glock G19 at the scene and read the serial number. Was a Gen 4 based on the first four letters. The ER staff requested officers at the hospital since one of the victims had gang tattoos and they feared opposing gang members would show up to finish the job.

This will likely be the leading news story locally for months.

https://www.bigcountrynewsconnection...4b799fd2b.html

PULLMAN - Pullman Police are investigating a shooting early Saturday morning in the College Hill area of Pullman that resulted in two individuals being shot — one fatally and the other with life threatening injuries.

Police were called around 12:30 a.m. to the 1200 block of NE Myrtle Street for a report of a loud party with possibly 200 people in attendance. As officers were approaching the scene, they reported hearing multiple gunshots.

Near the area of Williams Drive and Lybecker Road police found two males who had multiple gunshot wounds. Officers began immediate life saving measures on both individuals before Pullman Fire crews arrived and transported both to Pullman Regional Hospital. One died at the hospital and the other was transported by Lifeflight to a Spokane hospital.
    At least one of those involved has been confirmed as a WSU student. The names of those involved are not being released pending notification of family members.

Detectives say this is an active investigation and members of the Washington State Patrol Crime Laboratory are expected to be on the scene Saturday morning. Police say it appears that the case is isolated to the individuals involved and do not believe there is active shooter. Police are requesting help from anyone who may have knowledge about the shooting to call police at 509 334-0802.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    its stuff like that makes me grateful I live way out in the sticks and biggest problem is getting a buzzard out of the tobacco barn he thinks will be his new home.

Boolit Master
    I graduated from WSU back in 1978. I never envisioned there would ever be gang related activity there.

My oldest nephew went to college a while back and I was disappointed that he did not go to WAZZU as he was majoring in Agriculture. He instead went to MSU (Bozeman MT) and my brother told that today’s WSU student body was not what it used to be! Do tell!

Oh how the State of Washington has gone into the sewer!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    its stuff like that makes me grateful I live way out in the sticks and biggest problem is getting a buzzard out of the tobacco barn he thinks will be his new home.

News flash: The gangs and drugs can and will be anywhere.

...... and if you have to defend yourself no matter where you are, you will earn their undying “affection”.

Three44s

Boolit Master
    very true, there was a kid down the road, 14, thought was going to some sort of meth chemist. Thank god we got a good sheriff.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    News flash: The gangs and drugs can and will be anywhere.

...... and if you have to defend yourself no matter where you are, you will earn their undying “affection”.

Three44s
    I am far enough out that I don't concern myself with how fast the sheriff can get here.

Boolit Grand Master

Gee with the police defunded better call BLM for help.

I'm so far out in the sticks I pretty much don't worry about it either. I'd be a pretty good first responder for myself and the police could come and take statements and put the bodies in the bags.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    LOL on your buzzard problem. Nothing like a little botulism in your Lucky Strike. They are odd. I see quite a few on my bicycle rides. Hollywood always makes them out to be a cross between a eagle and a shark. In my experience they seem kinda dorky. Sometimes they even seem embarrassed by their role in the food chain.

Boolit Master

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

" Sometimes they even seem embarrassed by their role in the food chain."

That's funny, I liked it.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I am far enough out that I don't concern myself with how fast the sheriff can get here.
    Yup. Think we have three Sheriff's at night for the entire County. I am about 45 mins from the nearest hospital.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Trust me I do as well but thugs who live out even farther out have the same advantage plus greater numbers and the advantage recently given by our State government where our LEO’s have to “witness the crime” to have probable cause.

Three44s

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    Trust me I do as well but thugs who live out even farther out have the same advantage plus greater numbers and the advantage recently given by our State government where our LEO’s have to “witness the crime” to have probable cause.

Three44s
    It's crazy. I saw a carload of students pull into our private parking lot at work, park directly under a camera, and proceed to smoke pot and meth for 20 minutes. Cops showed up just as they were pulling out onto the street and followed them for a couple of blocks then said they were driving fine so let them go. I couldn't believe it.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Can't imagine this happening in "Leftist Land" . . . . dudbthey send out the Social Workers too?

Unfortunately, this type of thing is not gong to be limited to cities . . . . open borders, unknown illegals being shipped all over yje country who "owe" the Cartels . . . increased drug, human and sex trafficking combined with no law and order - it will, and already is spreading out. Think you are immune to it? Better think again. You can thank our present Administration for it.

I have a cousin who lives with his wife in Chicago - both very well educated and for years they have kept casting their votes for the Political Machine in Illinois. They seem oblivious to what is happening in Chicago and obviously think it will never affect them. His father, now gone, was like a second Dad to me - a hardworking self-employed business who was a Marine who served in the Pacific during the war. We often discussed his son and D in L and how foolish they were. I had a term for it - "Book smart and street stupid". People need to wake up, be aware of what is going on around them and STOP being "street stupid".

Before the defund the Police idiocy came along,
    a couple of cop buddies shrugged off the city's high crime rate, and called it 'job security'.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.