Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Gun show today

Boolit Grand Master

Gun show today

Had our show, starting this evening. Primers from $8/C to $25/C. 22's from 9 cents a round to 24 cents a round (WW 555 bulk pack). Other ammo was high, as were a lot of the firearms, but a few deals to be made.

Friend got what I think was the deal of the show. A used Ruger 6.5 Cr for one heck of a price.

All in all, not too bad of a start to the show. Tomorrow is going to be a Loooonnnggg day. If today was an indication of what tomorrow brings, we will be swamped with people!!! Not a bad thing though.

Moderator Emeritus

I setup for the local gunshow this evening. I did a walk around to look at what other vendors had. I seen one table with some 209's for $60/1K (he had 4 bricks), he also had LPP for $100/1K. I seen two other tables with Primers, all were priced between $100 to $200 per 1K. There is Lots of Powder to be had, prices are only a little bit higher than the Before Times. Lots of Brass there too, but it's about double what used gunshow brass should be, IMHO.

Three tables down from me, there is a Huge Hornady lock-n-load AP for $350...looked new, but no box or manual and partially disassembled and the way the parts were strewn about in a couple boxes, I'd worry about missing parts. I seen the powder measure, but it seemed to be missing the reservoir tube.

Not everyone had their tables setup, so there will be more to look at tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to score some SPP for $70 or less...$70 is my limit.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 09-24-2021 at 11:35 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    thanks for gun show report, seems like it mirrors what can be seen going on on gun broker
    its not uncommon for that hornady powder measure reservoir tube to come loose from the base.some powders wreak havoc on the plastic. a call to hornady gets you a new one. mine is taped on with painters tape. what is costly is the auto drop linkage, more than $100 last time I checked, if you can even find one any more, new large charge and small charge rotors are not cheap either.
    so just to get this straight in my math challenged mind. a box of Winchester 555, 22's were selling for $50?

Boolit Grand Master
    No, the WW 555 box of 22's were $120. Some Federal AutoMatch (325rnds)were $29. I did pick up a partial brick of PMC Target match ammo for $5 a box, $35 total and some 45-70 brass, but the best was 41 pieces of 405 Win. Hornady brass. That stuff has been non-existant for a while. Small pistol primers are easier to find than 405 brass.

Boolit Master

Where was this show?

Moderator Emeritus

The Money was flowing today, at the Hutchinson show...WOW !
    Parking lot over flowing into the street...and we have a big parking lot.
    One friend tells me that he never seen so many people carrying guns and bags of stuff to the parking lot.
    I sold more than half the stuff on my table....that never happens.
    I'm not sure what to bring tomorrow to fill the table?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    I am in Colorado. Sounds like the Hutchinson show is a good one.

Banned

There's one in Wichita this weekend and also one in Salina. Had to work all day, would have liked to have made both. Gonna drive down tomorrow to take Dad to the Wichita one.

Boolit Master
    Went to rockrats show sold a rifle, didn't see anything that I wanted, all in all was a good day.

In Montrose?
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeppers