Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Arsenal 125 keith ,327 fed

Boolit Master

Arsenal 125 keith ,327 fed

Was wondering if anybody has found sucess with this bullet in .327,,,im struggling to get mine to shoot.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don’t have this mould/bullet, but do have the NOE 314008 that drops at the same weight. I’ve tried it with loads of Accurate #7 that were based on their charge suggestion for 115 grain bullets, reduced by 10%. I really haven’t shot this load enough to recommend it, but offer it FYI only.

I’ll be following this thread with interest.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Ive found curious results with this mold.i find alot of oval holes in the paper,,indicating not enough twist.speed dont seem to help it.
    The mold drops .316 with my current alloy,,it routinely shoots 3 in 1.5 inch,and launches 1 or 2 ,,way out,so ending up with 3 inch groups.

Boolit Grand Master
    Very interesting… just what alloy are you using for these bullets? How are you sizing and lubing them? I didn’t have that problem with my limited testing. I was using COWWs with a couple of % pure tin added.

While visiting friend Dale53 recently we played around a little with his Keith style 32s in my 32 H&R, but it was a mould from a Lee group buy from a few years ago. Those bullets dropped at something around 115 gr or a little less. We sized to .313 and lubed with Lars’ Carnauba Red in a heated Star sizing press.

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master

Hey Froggie - how did they work? I like that little pill in my 32 Long.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Very interesting… just what alloy are you using for these bullets? How are you sizing and lubing them? I didn’t have that problem with my limited testing. I was using COWWs with a couple of % pure tin added.

While visiting friend Dale53 recently we played around a little with his Keith style 32s in my 32 H&R, but it was a mould from a Lee group buy from a few years ago. Those bullets dropped at something around 115 gr or a little less. We sized to .313 and lubed with Lars’ Carnauba Red in a heated Star sizing press.

Froggie
    My alloy is ww/slight babbit sweetner,,wd @21bn..to hard i think,,but they shoot clean.sized .315 in lyman sizer,,felix lube.i shot more today,turned speed way down850-to around 1050,,,terrible big groups today.think this mold may become a bummer,,this gun will shoot the rcbs98swc,,into inch groups,at 1300fps,,so the gun isnt the problem.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wayne, due to threatening skies, I only got to shoot a few of the ones Dale and I loaded, but they show a lot of promise. I just finished running my semi-annual Schuetzen match yesterday and today and will be getting ready to leave for Winchester Wed or Thurs for the N-SSA Fall Nationals and I’ve got to get my ducks in a row for that, but while I’m doing some last minute casting for that I’m hoping to turn out a supply of 32 cal Keith bullets while the pots are hot. Of course I’ll have to wait until I get home to size and lube them and find some brass to load them in. Who knew being retired would make me so busy?

Froggie

Boolit Master

The guy i bought the ruger from,sent some heavies with it,for me to try.they all shot exceptable,even the 140 sledgehammer. But these 131,s,,,leave oval holes...