Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Precision Customer Service Total Fail

Moderator Emeritus

You would have been much better off with a 1 lb rowell ladle and the Lee modified pot than with a functioning Lee bottom pour.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I told them to wish me luck in dealing with 40,000 psi and my broken .223 die collet. Still works but not happy with their offer.

LEE is going down the drain with their support. I needed a replacement part for my LEE Loadmaster and they would not sell it to me or send it as a warranty part and are hiding behind a tax nexus that would require them to pay state tax for the items they ship to a state. Just like ALL other companies... but LEE does not want to take care of this and simply does not sell you the part you need. I now have a $300+ door stop as all of the resellers they claim are either out of business or simply do not sell replacement parts. I am still convinced that they have decent products, but with such a pathetic stance in regards to providing replacement parts to their customers, I am done with them for good. No more (additional) LEE products on my bench.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

I agree with Targa your chances are better if you can deal with just one CS Person.
    Lee has never asked me to pay more than shipping cost, but it’s been a few years since I called them.
    RCBS voluntarily has replaced dies for free knowing they were decades old and I wasn’t the original purchaser.
    STI likewise has provided free shipping, parts and repairs on a second hand pistol.
    I called S&W for a $2 part I needed for a pistol they hadn’t produced in 20 years and they sent me it and a dozen other parts they still had in stock, because I just might need them one day, all at no charge.
    SIG did a $900.00 repair for me charging me only $200 including shipping on a pistol they didn’t even make because I called them looking for a part I knew they had used in a production run ten years earlier.
    I could go on but the truth is that by and large, warranty and customer service from the companies we do business with for our hobby, is stellar compared to any other producers of consumer goods. We are spoiled in that regard.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    This thread typifies the long term Lee customer service consistency I've seen for at least 25 years . One customer is just happy as a pig in mud and the next one gets the "non-transferable warranty" shuffle .

Their warranty does state that it is full replacement for 2 years and 50% of MSRP after that so an origin unknown pot is outside of the written standard .

Yep I concur that the manor in which it was handled is inappropriate . The promise to make the modified pot right shouldn't have been made and the assy should have been at least returned at their expense if you decided to keep it as is .

I've only used RCBS and Redding for minor parts . You can't get better service than and inquiry about a tool line and age ending with current production refit parts for a 50 yr old die set RCBS or alternative seating stem for a 30 yr old die set from Redding in all 3 cases on their dime . RCBS and Redding cost 2-3 times as much , some items much more . It seems to me that their service is just expected .

Hornady seems to be hit and miss and I've never read that CH or Forster did anyone a super great "I broke it , sure no problem we got you" Friday at 4 phone call parts in the mailbox Tuesday deal .

Lyman ........ I don't know that I have ever heard a brag on their service either , seem like begrudgingly was more the word indicated .

If I didn't have the ram prime dialed in on the little slopped out Partner press I'd send it off for most likely an R&R on the 25+ year old press , I don't think I'd get that on the Hornady Red , Pacific 008 . Lyman won't send you an over size ram for your worn Spartan either . I don't know what RCBS is replacing the Big Max presses with but I'd bet it's only a discount towards something in the new line up .
    Concur x2. Lots on here love Lee precision. They are cheaper, and costs must be cut somewhere. I see it as inferior materials, and corners cut in machining as the way they make up for that. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I wish I had started with Redding right off the bat. It would have been money saved. Good tools can make a horrible job bearable.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    LEE is going down the drain with their support. I needed a replacement part for my LEE Loadmaster and they would not sell it to me or send it as a warranty part and are hiding behind a tax nexus that would require them to pay state tax for the items they ship to a state. Just like ALL other companies... but LEE does not want to take care of this and simply does not sell you the part you need. I now have a $300+ door stop as all of the resellers they claim are either out of business or simply do not sell replacement parts. I am still convinced that they have decent products, but with such a pathetic stance in regards to providing replacement parts to their customers, I am done with them for good. No more (additional) LEE products on my bench.
    Tom,

Seems like “who you talk to” (the luck of the draw) makes a lot of difference in reading this thread.

I have zero experience with Lee’s customer service but the treatment you received thus far is beyond the pale.

I think you ought to call them and raise cob with them. Put them on speed dial, reference this thread or better still start a new on aimed straight at the Lee Load Master press and make lots of smoke.

The old saying, “The squeaky wheel gets the grease” comes to mind.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    I have some Lee equipment but will go with RCBS any day of the week. I lost the pin for a hand priming tool and contacted them asking for a part#. I had one in the mail in a couple of days for FREE!
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master

I want to be clear on this thread. I was not asking for warranty service just parts available. Another single stage press i busted and asked for parts. They charged cost for one piece but the rest was free if i paid shipping. Very happy with that.

This was far different
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12