MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: RCBS Equipment

Boolit Master

RCBS Equipment

well, RCBS came through again for me. I bought a set of .45 LC Cowboy dies and the set only had one seating stem in the box(a SWC). I called them as I thought they were supposed to come with both RN and SWC and found out I was wrong. BUT, the guy on the phone would not let me buy a RN stem( and I had credit card in hand and offered). He said they would send me one free which came in the mail today. I have always found RCBS to go the extra mile when it came to customer service. One of the reasons most of my equipment is green. james

Boolit Buddy
    They've always been good to me.

RCBS has been top notch for me also. They have sent me free items when they were not obligated to do so.. Great folks to deal with.

Boolit Master
    RCBS gets a lot of their items made in china. who do you makes more profit; rcbs or Redding?? all redding products are made in USA. they also support their customers and their products are better quality. so, you guys keep sending your $ to china. NOT ME!!

I’ve had similar experiences. I’ve had lyman do similar also. I’ve also had both send me the incorrect parts I needed.

I bought a lee die that had chatter gouges on the inside and they insisted I show pictures before they did anything. They did replace it and pay shipping to return the defective part. It was a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    RCBS gets a lot of their items made in china. who do you makes more profit; rcbs or Redding?? all redding products are made in USA. they also support their customers and their products are better quality. so, you guys keep sending your $ to china. NOT ME!!
    I don’t have a die set I bought new. I don’t have any equipment I bought new other than a lee measure and a few universal flare dies.

All three presses, my trimmer, lubesizer, all it’s dies. All of my mounds, except again a few lee, all were used.

I did by my tumbler new at cabelas, made by berrys. I don’t see how I’m sending money to China. Buying used, it goes into the pockets of the gun store owners and private sellers on this forum.

Boolit Master
    i too have a lot of RCBS equiptment. all of it is "pre china/ offshore". now its redding only

I really love Redding equipment but like many I mostly buy used reloading gear. All my RCBS kit is all US made and pretty old , they do have great support though
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

RCBS never let me down.

The only issue I have and have had with RCBS is they discontinue presses too fast and when spare parts are gone you're out of luck.

I have a "BIG MAX" and the springs on the universal shell holder went weak leaving cases in the die. They have no parts support for the Big Max. I had to scour the net for a a conventional shell holder adapter for the press and pay out the nose for it, that or use it as an anchor.
    Regards,

Gary

In my 40 years plus of reloading, I've no complaints when it comes to RCBS and their customer service. Even better, it's rare I've ever had to call them for help with a problem with one of the products.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I've been reloading since '65. I have a wide assortment of brands on my bench and have used several more. Paying more to get "free parts" is worth less for people who don't damage their tools.

So far I've only needed three replacement parts; a Lyman decap pin for a .30 Carbine sizer, an RCBS "C" clip spring that holds snap-in shell holders in the press ram and I tried to get an RCBS replacement body for a rusted .260 Rem FL sizer die that got wet in storage; I got the little stuff at no cost but ....

I simply wanted to buy the stripped sizer die body (The rust was my fault, not theirs!) but the very nice lady at big green said she could only sell me a new two die set (at their suggested retail price, plus shipping) which was almost twice what I could buy the same set from Midway.

I thanked her respectfully but declined the offer and ordered a new four die set of Lee's dies - which included their excellent Collet Neck die and their Factory Crimp Die - for less than green wanted for a two die set that day; the Lee's have worked very well.

That was some 15 years ago. I've not bought anything green since. I'm not angry with RCBS. They seem to be doing quite well without me and I'm glad of that, but I see no justification for me paying California prices without a California paycheck!

Nor have I needed anymore tool parts of any color.

RCBS molds have a lifetime warranty. The Trim Pro, motorized with three way cutter heads and the Pro Melt are outstanding products. Combine the Trim pro with the Case Rep Center and it is very near magic.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    The Trim Pro, motorized with three way cutter heads and the Pro Melt are outstanding products.
    Last time I looked the stated RCBS limited warranty for all things electrical was three years ... is it better now ???

Boolit Master
    Redding has never let me down! USA

Boolit Master
    What Porthos said............
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    Redding has never let me down! USA
    I agree with that. Thing is, only one maker has ever "let me down".

I figure the most I have a right to ask of any maker is to replace things that should not fail in normal use. Heavy rust is not normal so the maker has no responsibility to correct it and I'm not complaining about RCBS not replacing my rusty die; that rust was my fault and I wasn't asking them to fix it. My complaint was, and still is, specifically limited to their refusal to sell me a stripped die body at a reasonable price but they would not and I still can't imagine why.