Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Vintage SxS pump events

Boolit Master

Vintage SxS pump events

Most of the Vintage SxS events I’ve attended have an event for pumps as well . Ones even starting a pre 1950 autoloader event . So a few months back we had a late 1930’s Winchester Model 12 16 gauge with a 30” full choke barrel at a somewhat reasonable price . The gun however was blueing free and the wood needed some care . So two weeks ago I pulled it apart , took the wood home and cleaned all the old varnish off with lacquer thinner , let it dry and started applying rubbed in Tung Oil . Put about twenty coats on and then brought the wood back to the shop after the gun was reblued . Also put a new original buttplate back on the stock the one that came with the gun had the toe chipped off . Need to work with it some more to get it slicked/smoothed up better to suit me . But I’m pretty satisfied with the new overall finish job .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master

It didn't happen without pics!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a nice find! Is it marked 16ga 2 3/4, would make life a bit easier. My 16ga M12 is a 1914 birthday, oldest gun I shoot in vintage events. Looking forward to the pictures. If you have info on vintage events you are attending, I may make a try at seeing it in person. I was shooting the vintage skeet at Gator but KC has not happened for me yet.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos