WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: low cost scope

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Shot View Post
    So do the two I've had for many years.
    I bought a few of the 2.5-10 Tasco varmints for $25 ea shipped. I have a good 3000 plus pellets through my piston gun and it’s still SpotOn. I also had one on my 35 Rem for a few hundred rounds and transferee it to my CZ 452. I love my cheap tascos.

I also picked up a 30 mm Bushnell engage 1-4 illuminated red dot/ German crosshairs for $97. I haven’t mounted it yet but the glass looks great. Looks like they are out now…

https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-e...n-4-black.html

I should have bought a couple of them.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-23-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    vortex diamondback 3-9x 40 pick either deadhead bdc or v plex--in stock though amazon $199
    ive got one in 2-7, its super clear, sharp and bright and with vortex guarantee its pretty hard to beat for the price

Boolit Buddy
    Happy with a 4x12 Redfield I bought 6 years ago. last I heard they were owned by Leupold.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Burris Fullfield II or Vortex Diamondback all the way for under $200.00. That being said, the late model Bushnell Trophy is great too, I have one on my .257 Roberts. You can sometimes get them on Fleabay as overstocks for under $100.00.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have scopes from $75 to $2000. For “fun” shooting and a range toy, many of the $150-200 options others have given you are all you need. If going on a hunting rifle, I would not go with a scope under $300. My last hunting rifle scope was a Votex Viper...about $425.

Btw, warranties are not much use on a hunting scope that fails on a hunt. Like I said...on a range toy it is no big deal if you are out of action until it is replaced.

Also, on a range toy, go with a fixed power. Less stuff to go wrong.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    i put an AGS air rifle scope 3x9x40 on my win 357 mag 20 years ago still going strong .i think it was about £30.

Boolit Master
    Leopold doesn't have any scopes any more that are under $300. I bought a Leopold AR scope for the wife's rifle and it was$200 or under but hey have discontented all of those scopes.

Boolit Master
    Ive got some cash left on a bass pro gift card, and I need to use it up, so i think a trip to the bass Pro shop and a Burris or Vortex if they have either in stock.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Ive got some cash left on a bass pro gift card, and I need to use it up, so i think a trip to the bass Pro shop and a Burris or Vortex if they have either in stock.
    Given the choice, I would pay a bit more for the Vortex. I have a number of their products and all have been very good. Plus they have a great warranty.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Leopold doesn't have any scopes any more that are under $300. I bought a Leopold AR scope for the wife's rifle and it was$200 or under but hey have discontented all of those scopes.

And the only scopes they offer now that have turret cap covers are their cheap, price leader line. All the rest have exposed turrets with the CDS type dials that can be bumped or moved. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    You should be able to get a Leupold for your $200 budget.
    Those Leupold Freedom scopes withstand heavy recoil?
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Boolit Buddy
    Might keep an eye out on Bear Basin....especially the bargain cave......have good deals on demo, blemished or factory refurbed. Good warranty too.....I have two Nikon 4x4 that are bomb proof!
    Do I have a knife....Ive got my pants on don't I.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLeverGuns View Post
    For a 3-9x40 the Burris Fullfield II is one of the best lower cost scopes. I have 4 or 5 Burris Fullfield II's - 2-7x35, 3-9x40 and 4.5-14.5. I think they are the best bargain in scopes. $150 on Amazon.
    I'm agreeing with him

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    Check out Hawke scopes!
    Yes! Excellent equipment! Their website states they are suitable for ALL calibers and have a lifetime warranty. Last May I bought a Weirauch 95 air rifle, a spring-piston action, to hunt small game with. If you know airguns you know that hunting-class springers are tough on scopes. the Hawke Vantage IR was the model recommended for this rifle, I chose the 3-9x model. The IR series have illuminated reticles made of etched glass. They are tougher than the more common wire reticles which is why they are recommended for springers. The glass is beautiful, crystal clear, as clean as any Leupold I've seen. I have another one coming for my '06. Oh, and, they are very reasonably priced, My 3-9x was $179.95. Check them out!

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/

https://www.airgundepot.com/hawke-optics.html

https://www.airgundepot.com/hawke-op...fle-scope.html
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The late model Bushnell Trophy is really good, I have one on my .257 Roberts. You can get them on clearance for under a c-note. I have a little Hawke 2-7x32 on one of my .223 bolt guns and it is really good for the money.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I'm agreeing with him
    Count me in on that as well. I have put my several Burris scopes through some pretty demanding stuff and they hold zero with a death grip. I have a Vortex and it is clear and bright with good "click" adjustments but I have not used it enough to judge the ruggedness. I love the older Leupold 3x9's but I am not to wild about the friction adjustments on them.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Buddy
    last lower priced one i bought was burris 3x9x40 for about $150, good scope for the price point. I also have a fast fire red dot that glass cracked, warranty replaced it in 10 days no questions asked no silly paperwork at all, I did pay the shipping to send broken one back . If anybody wonders how there warranty is.

I bought several of the Leupold vx-1 and vx-2 at around $200 each and happy with them, but they dont make those models any longer

Boolit Master
    The last scopes I've bought have been Burris Droptines, Hawke, and Bushnell. Illuminated reticles, if possible.

Banned

ive got 4 sig whiskeys and there every bit the scope a vx1 or anything in the 200 dollar and under range show me. You can get one for just over a 100 bucks if you shop.

Check Natchez for Weaver deals. Older scopes, some lifetime warranty and replaced with higher priced models.
    Bought 3 Nitrex line 3-9 years ago. I even called Weaver tech support to verify before I purchased. Great scopes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast