Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, September 21

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, September 21

Good morning all. Today's message is hitting me uncomfortably close to home. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    The Three Rs of Getting Right with God

“Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent”
    —Revelation 2:5

When someone backslides or turns away from God, it generally isn’t something they do overnight. Instead, it’s a little compromise here, a little lowering their guard there. And the next thing they know, they’re slipping.

That’s what was happening to the believers in Ephesus. Jesus told them, “You have left your first love” (Revelation 2:4 NKJV).

This is the first step to falling away. These Christians had traded their devotion and replaced it with duty. They had motion, but they lost the emotion. They had labor, but they lost the love. They had perspiration, but they didn’t seem to have inspiration.

Yet Jesus didn’t simply tell them what was wrong. He told them what to do to make it right: “Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works” (verse 5 NKJV). In this verse we see three Rs for getting right with God: remember, repent, and repeat.

First, we need to remember: “Remember therefore from where you have fallen.” We could translate this to say, “Keep on remembering.” Remember where you were when you were at your highest point of commitment to Christ, and go back to that place. It’s your point of reference.

Next, we need to repent. If there was a time when you were closer to God than you are right now, repent. Admit that you’re not as close to the Lord as you want to be.

Last, we need to repeat. Jesus said, “Do the first works” (verse 5 NKJV). What is it that you used to do when your relationship with Jesus was stronger? Maybe you read your Bible every day and listened to praise music and to Bible-teaching podcasts. Maybe you shared the gospel whenever you could. Start doing those things again.

If you’re not moving forward and cultivating your relationship with the Lord, then your spiritual life will come to a standstill.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, There is many things to take our attention off the gospel and God these days but put these on the back burner and God in the spotlight!

USMC 77, USRA 79

amen to this.. repeat repeat repeat
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Thanks for posting, it's appreciated.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.