Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry gun store, scam?

Boolit Buddy

Henry gun store, scam?

I was lppking online for a Henry X model rifle. Found Henry gun store, said this gun was in stock for me to order,great. I started the order process & when it came to paying , the only options were Zelle & Bitcoin. His made me stop thinking this is a scam. Anybody run into this? What are your thoughts?

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Call them on the telephone and see if they speak English

Sounds like you almost got had for hundreds of dollars.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    That was another thing, no ph. # on that site

Boolit Grand Master
    Wait for a reputable sales place. Too good a price or available when otherwise not available may equal scam.

Boolit Master

You have no recourse when paying with Zelle. Probably with Bitcoin too. May as well send cash and pray.
    No phone # is another flag. If they show an address you can google it. BBB is another way to check if they’re legit.
    I found an online site in Vegas a while back with primers for a reasonable price. Site said their CC machine was out of order so pay with Zelle.
    Googled the address and called a nearby business, they said the place was a vacant building. BBB had some recent complaints too.
    Last edited by Bmi48219; 09-19-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Before I buy from a new company, I go to scam-detector.com and look them up. The internet is full of thieves. Often, these scam companies will pick a name very similar to a reputable company.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I'd check around. They're catching back up and are coming back in stock at lots of places.

I got mine from our local guy last month after it'd been on order since Feb. or so.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    all I can say is I was duped half dozen years ago or so, phoney web site and phony ffl, but my initial contact was though arms list , no one of the 5 or so law enforcement agencies I contacted would do anything about it. buyer beware, your best off going though known entities, like lipseys going to their distributor link, or TALO or one of the big online retailers like buds gun shop, or Williams gun sights or even through gun broker if you check out the seller and get their ffl number and check with ATF web site to make sure address and numbers line up.

Run away. No credit cards, no phone. No way.

Henry themselves says they're a scam:

https://www.henryusa.com/the-henry-r...nline-dealers/

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    You have no recourse when paying with Zelle. Probably with Bitcoin too. May as well send cash and pray.
    No phone # is another flag. If they show an address you can google it. BBB is another way to check if they’re legit.
    I found an online site in Vegas a while back with primers for a reasonable price. Site said their CC machine was out of order so pay with Zelle.
    Googled the address and called a nearby business, they said the place was a vacant building. BBB had some recent complaints too.
    That's a good idea, to call the neighbors. That's an idea that never occurred to me before. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I would put a considerable wager they are a scam! Not too long ago I made a purchase -- or, better put, I thought I was -- from a place called AirgunUS. Never having dealt with them, I sent an email inquiry, which was replied to. So -- I used my CC to pay. After NO word after a week, I made an inquiry, with response, "Please be patient, sir!" -- sounding kind of (automated) generic.
    My CC bill came, and there it was listed as -- an Asian-sounding "jewelry company". I made an immediate notification to Capital One (the CC), and they launched an investigation.... It's been almost two months, and I have not heard back from them...
    Yooper003 -- trust me -- there must be a reputable place -- even GunBroker.com? -- where that Henry should be available.
    BEST wishes!

geo

Hey Yooper003, try contacting Carter Country in Houston. My son just picked up his BBX 45C on Saturday $900. They had two more at the Katy Frwy location, a .357 and a .410 I believe, but they have several other locations. They also do online sales now.

I found a Winchester Store…..just like the Henry Store described. I was hoping to order a lever gun, and couldn’t believe that they had so many in stock…..figured they were a scam.

Boolit Master
    There are several online like this, and they are ALL scams. I've heard of Dan Wesson and a couple others. They list popular guns at below market prices, and only accept Zelle, Venmo or Bitcoin - all of which give you zero recourse in case of a problem. Run away!!!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

Someone else just put up a similar thread. No phone number, no CC accepted just Zelle and Bitcoin? You will lose your money on that scam.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Yup. I just found a "Ruger store" while searching for a GP100 in .44spl. Same story, no phone #, I looked up the address in Google Earth and found a run down town house in a Baltimore ghetto.
    Stick with the known retailers that you know and trust.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Kind of makes a person wonder about just how many scams are being run by low lives from a variety of nations needing money to pay for the Cartels to get them across the border so they can then live off the American taxpayers. The Internet is a large "faceless" place ..... just sayin' ......if your gut tells you "no" listen to it.

I have been looking for a new Henry single shot for a while ..... my LGS told me they are having some problems with availability from their distributor but Henry is slowly catching up ..... personally, I would rather pay a tad more to my LGS or a reputable dealer and have the rifle in hand, than to buy from some place I know nothing about to supposedly save a few dollars and end up with no money and no rifle.

You could also call the BATFE and check if that business is licensed to sell firearms - maybe they are good for something...
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    Gee,, look online for Henry Arms. I KNOW you can get a phone number from that. Call Henry directly, and ask THEM if they have a dealer called the "Henry Store."

I'll go to Vegas with the odds they don't,, and come back smiling!
    (PS; I've called & spoke with the nice folks at Henry before.)

Boolit Master

I do believe that just in the past week or so Henry sent out a warning about this website.

If a website takes on Zelle, Bitcoin, gift cards, or some other form of untraceable payment it's a SCAM.

There's actually no reason to post about it. There are millions of scam websites out there.

If you're stupid enough to send them money you should be smart enough to be quiet about it.

If you question if it's a scam it's a scam.
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast