Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 40-90 BN marked CCC

Boolit Buddy
    behind the lines of enemy territory,60 miles from NYC

40-90 BN marked CCC

I bought some accidently (thinking they were 45-90) Can I use this to make 11mm mauser cases? or am I better off trying to sell/swap them? Anyone using this brass?

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm not using it, but I think you would be better off selling it to one of the BPCR shooters and finding something closer to the size you need.

I could be wrong, I don't have my books here but I don't think the dimensions (case head dia. and rim dia. and thickness) are even close on those two cartridges.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    The rim & case head near rim are close, but it tapers after that very gradually

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

The .43 Mauser case measure 0.510" at the base. The 40-90 SBN measures 0.500" at the base, close, but still bulges the case if used.

Some shooters have been making .43 Mauser brass from either 7mm Mag or 300 Win Mag brass.
    Machine off the belt, and headspace off of the shoulder rather than the rim.
    You can adjust the sizing die until you obtain the desired results by incrementally pushing the shoulder back until the bolt closes.

There's a couple of threads posted here on CB, you might want to use the search function and look them up.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master
    CCC is the old Connecticut Cartridge Company. They did at one time make a lot of unavailable brass cases. But sometime during the Vietnam War they stopped with brass for older guns and started making cases for the Gov't. Seem to remember them getting a contract for 30 M1 carbine brass. Would probably have to anneal that old brass before using it. Frank

Boolit Master
    samari46 has it. CCC Connecticut Cartridge Company, I had their 433 Egyptian brass for a Remington Rolling Block, delivered by the US Post Office, like the 433 Egyptian cartridges loaded with black powder and lead bullets ordered through the mail (no Internet until late 1980's). Brass was extremely heavy through the head and lower case walls. They did get a 30 Carbine contract when Vietnam heated-up, early to mid-sixties for their specialty brass. Case head was unusual, kind of like some of the turned brass cases.

Boolit Master
    GONRA's memory (?) recalls that CCC Connecticut Cartridge Company
    odd caliber brass was from initial lathe turn fabrication.
    Read that this requires 2X usual drawn case wall thickness.
    Check it out...

Boolit Buddy
    BTW I was able to fire form 2 of these cases to 11mm Mauser using 700X & cream of wheat (no annealing done)