Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, September 19

For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, September 19

Good morning all. Today's message on "focus and faithfulness" is pretty spot on for me , right now. Have a safe and blessed day.

1 Corinthians 4:2

Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful

Focus and faithfulness go together like faith and works. Without works, our faith is dead. Without faithfulness, our focus fizzles.

An overwhelming lack of faithfulness exists around us. Temporary commitments abound. We find a world grown weary of doing good (Galatians 6:9). The moment that faithfulness runs up against discomfort, it fades.

True faithfulness is demonstrated in the difficult times. God desires a people who are faithful to read and obey His Word. He desires a people who pray continually – believing that He will respond. He wants a people who serve faithfully in even the small things. He wants a people who are faithful to bring their hearts to enter His gates with praise.

Faithfulness comes easily when life flows smoothly. But on the hardest day of your life, how do you remain focused and faithful? When trouble looms on every side?

You may not see the way through. Take one more step of faith. You may feel absolutely alone. Take one more step. When the darkness presses in, take one more step. Remain focused on the promise that He made to you. Remain faithful to take just one more step.

On the path that He opens before you, He waits with hands outstretched. He has not abandoned you. He is working everything out for your good.

Blessing:

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace. Even in the difficult times, may God empower you with focus and faithfulness. May every step be one of purpose and perseverance until you possess the promise He has given!
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, A great lesson today!

USMC 77, USRA 79

wow... awesome devotional!!!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mixed feelings on some of this.

About two years ago we lost our four year old granddaughter. She lived a horrible and painful life and thankfully He finally took her home before too many more years of suffering. I can understand God using her to test our faith and it worked...in a way. Her mother has not attended Church since and "is angry with God". The "good" news is that she still believes there is a God...but that is as far as it goes for now. She does not pray to God for strength or support.

Since the death of the child, my fiancé has battled cancer. So His tests continue. Still we believe and pray...but I pray much differently. I no longer ask Him for results. His way will be done regardless of what I may desire. Therefore I pray for strength, wisdom and patience...and that I keep my faith.

I do not understand why God put that little girl through so much pain as it did nothing for her faith. It seems He caused her to suffer to test those who loved her. Difficult to wrap my mind around Him "working for her good".

The Bible has examples where God is unfair, vindictive and accepts collateral damage in order to achieve His plan. I accept He has not changed in that respect. He is what He is...He is God. He does answer to anyone. It is delusional to believe He will protect all His children from harm. All we can hope for is that while we are being harmed to achieve His plan, He will be there to give us strength....just as He was when His son died on the cross for our sins.
    Don Verna